Go for it now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go for it now

Austin doesn't have a release clause so no point in getting rid.
    We lose Austin, we can't replace him this season, with the price tags on Gayle/Gray/Afobi.
    We ain't willing to budge on what we value Austin at and no-one looks like they will pay what we want anyway.
    Same goes with Phillips, his valuation isn't that high looking at what clubs are pricing there key players at, Phillips has shown as well that he can perform in the Premiership.

Considering we still have Yun to come back(who will easily replace Konchesky).
    Then we still have Sandro and Fer available, should we not just go for it this season with what we have now?
    If the window closes, and we still have Austin, Phillips, Sandro and Fer here still added to the new signings we have made, we could walk this league if we get things right!!!

IMO we should hold on to Charlie until January at least. He may be a part in a sucessful side (and happy not sitting on a bench somewhere) with promotion a possibility. If we are out of sorts then sell then when we may get our asking price as teams may be more desperate than they are now. If we don't get our valuation then ces't la vie as who dares wins!

Comment

i dont really understand how we're still in so much debt. high earners: caulker; made a profit on loan, rob green; signed a new contract at the end of last season so wages would have dropped, austin and phillips signed while we were in the championship so wouldnt be crazy high wages. leroy fer and sandro; who knows, buts looks like their staying. with the sterling money i'm not sure we need to sell anyone. would love your feedback because this is how i am seeing it

Comment

Originally posted by a fan of qpr View Post
        i dont really understand how we're still in so much debt. high earners: caulker; made a profit on loan, rob green; signed a new contract at the end of last season so wages would have dropped, austin and phillips signed while we were in the championship so wouldnt be crazy high wages. leroy fer and sandro; who knows, buts looks like their staying. with the sterling money i'm not sure we need to sell anyone. would love your feedback because this is how i am seeing it
        The thing is, the finances are from the end of the last champ season, the situation may have changed in that time thanks to prem money.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

We are £200 mil in debt... Has little to do with the players mentioned (well Fer and Sandro aside).. Much more the toe rags no longer at the club (players & managers)

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
            We are £200 mil in debt.
            We better win something then.

Comment

I don't get it either mate, considering we got rid of Barton, Ferdinand, SWP, Taarabt etc that must have saved us loads in wages now.
              Then add the Caulker £1.2million fee, and the Sterling money received that's gotta add up to a bit.
              The signings so far can't be on much surely?
              Not only did we receive the fee for Caulker but his wages are paid for as well, which is probably more than we pay Luongo, Chery and Gladwin together.

Ramsey has said we don't have money available to sign players like Gayle/Gray for there rumoured price tags, yet we ain't willing to budge on accepting anything less than £15million for Austin.

So are we desperate for cash to dip into the Transfer Market or not?

Comment

i thought alot of that debt was written off by the owners; like the 68 or something million, i thought the only issue was the financial fair play debt, mitall's beyond rich, that debt doesn't worry me aslong as its in the rules of the football league. and their rules have changed in the last season in our favour so do we actually have to sell anyone? to me austin's worth more than 15 milliion cause he could potentially get us promoted, why do we have to sell him, i love what hes done for this club but hes under contract. why do we need to sell?

Comment

Don't know why Mittal is still here to be honest.
                  What can he possibly gain from his investment?
                  The bloke is loaded and could if he wanted put his money on the table and own us outright.

Just don't understand why he is still on board .

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
                    Don't know why Mittal is still here to be honest.
                    What can he possibly gain from his investment?
                    The bloke is loaded and could if he wanted put his money on the table and own us outright.

Just don't understand why he is still on board .
                    Because he's fallen in love with QPR like the rest of us? Football is an infectious sport. He'd never get a buzz from a business deal in the same way as the play-off final.
                    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

ok here's why:

caulker... maybe made only a smallish (ie £10k a week) loss on the loan
                      rob green... wages still very high for a championship player
                      austin/philips... not crazy high, but still high
                      fer/sandro... relatively high for premiership/very high for championship

we're in high debt because we have lots of high/very high earners, when we can only afford one or so.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                        Because he's fallen in love with QPR like the rest of us? Football is an infectious sport. He'd never get a buzz from a business deal in the same way as the play-off final.
                        So if he his in love with us, loves the buzz then why doesn't he get more involved?

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
                          So if he his in love with us, loves the buzz then why doesn't he get more involved?
                          I didn't say he had, just a question.
                          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
                            ok here's why:

caulker... maybe made only a smallish (ie £10k a week) loss on the loan
                            rob green... wages still very high for a championship player
                            austin/philips... not crazy high, but still high
                            fer/sandro... relatively high for premiership/very high for championship

we're in high debt because we have lots of high/very high earners, when we can only afford one or so.
                            Also Hoilett and Diakete. There was a recent article that said Hoilett was on £45k per week and Diakite probably isn't far behind.

You add up all of those players wages and you have several million pounds, coupled with our £8 million pound fine and we're probably at the limit of our annual budget.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRNY View Post
                              Also Hoilett and Diakete. There was a recent article that said Hoilett was on £45k per week and Diakite probably isn't far behind.

You add up all of those players wages and you have several million pounds, coupled with our £8 million pound fine and we're probably at the limit of our annual budget.
                              actually, stick in onouha and traore as well and there are the (main) reasons.

Comment

Working...
                              X