Nathan Byrne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
    is their chairman any relation to Bill Power, ex Mackay House, Swindon chairman and QPR fan?
    He is bill's son

Good news as well is that Byrne can play LB and so we would have our 6th!!

All joking aside would be a good signing

Comment

• Originally posted by Awin View Post
      He is bill's son

Good news as well is that Byrne can play LB and so we would have our 6th!!

All joking aside would be a good signing
      Lol, well if we want him a deal could hopefully be done.
      Kept the faith!

Comment

• I thought Lee Power was the ex Norwich striker???

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          RW mainly, but can also play RM and RB.
          Yeah but my point is how would he get in the team? Who would you drop?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jogo View Post
            I thought Lee Power was the ex Norwich striker???
            My bad I guess as bill owned Swindon and his son was called lee I put 2 and 2 together and got 5

Comment

• Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
              Yeah but my point is how would he get in the team? Who would you drop?
              Phillips has a free role all along the front 4 , constantly switching wings and even going central.

Chery is more of a No.10 central role who also drifts left.

Mackie currently injured but a totally different type of a player.

Hoillet I think we're trying to get off the wage bill.

Gladwin is more left-sided but currently not even making the bench and seems more of a squad player.

Comment

Phillips has a free role all along the front 4 , constantly switching wings and even going central.

Gladwin is more left-sided but currently not even making the bench and seems more of a squad player.

Injured now, appearently.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

If we keep everyone we have (big if) I think our midfield will be something like:

Chery-----Fer----Phillips
                  ---Sandro---Luongo/Faurlin

We would have Mackie on the bench who normally bustles about on the right wing (call him what you like). Plus much as we want to off-load Hoilett that seems unlikely. And we have only just bought Gladwin for a decent wack so not sure we are ready to consign him to never playing. Don't get me wrong, Byrne sounds an exciting prospect and if we had lots of money I would be delighted to have him - just question given weaknesses elsewhere and scarce resources whether he is a priority.

Comment

• Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                    If we keep everyone we have (big if) I think our midfield will be something like:

Chery-----Fer----Phillips
                    ---Sandro---Luongo/Faurlin

We would have Mackie on the bench who normally bustles about on the right wing (call him what you like). Plus much as we want to off-load Hoilett that seems unlikely. And we have only just bought Gladwin for a decent wack so not sure we are ready to consign him to never playing. Don't get me wrong, Byrne sounds an exciting prospect and if we had lots of money I would be delighted to have him - just question given weaknesses elsewhere and scarce resources whether he is a priority.
                    Byrne can be used anywhere along the right side of the pitch (up to 3 positions), something we don't really have. But I agree with you it's not exactly a priority, like a CB and striker is.

Comment

• Anyone ITK concerning how close we are to sign him??
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                        Anyone ITK concerning how close we are to sign him??
                        Last i heard from someone inside the club was we tried about 6 weeks ago, but deal never got off the ground and we have moved on to other targets.

Like the above poster said, we have plenty of options in that department and cant see this deal being done.

Comment

• Hehe,Ok^^. Thanks.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Saw a lot that I liked from Gladwin in the first half v Cardiff, but he looks like a Number 10 to me, & he's at the back of quite a long queue for that spot.

Comment

Just to say, Chery is capable of playing central, but he is without a doubt a wide man in our team, he said it himself on QPR Player after Rotherham. He and Phillips switch around regularly to make it impossible for defenders to adapt.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by A Man Without A Clue View Post
                                Saw a lot that I liked from Gladwin in the first half v Cardiff, but he looks like a Number 10 to me, & he's at the back of quite a long queue for that spot.
                                I agree with that, I think him and Fer will fight out that position
                                Kept the faith!

Comment

Working...
                                X