Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm
    Originally posted by Del View Post
    I've said plenty of times when Hooper's names come up that he isnt worh tthe inflated fees mentioned at the time. He was great at Scunthorpe but his career stalled by going to the Scottish Prem. If he'd stayed in England he would've become a much better player imo. Instead going up there playing for Celtic and he didnt need to imporve and therefore when he tried to come back south struggled massively.

You want the best example, then i give you Kris Boyd who scored insanely for Rangers and averaged a goal every 1.4 games or something, in other words it was very easy for him in that league in a top side... He then came to the Championship, not even premier league, and averaged about 1 in 4.5 games, didnt really do anything and got sent out on loan before being shipped back to Scotland where he started to get some goals again.

That just proves the huge gulf between the SPL and the English leagues. So if a player that prolific struggled so much in England's 2nd tier, the stats for Samaras if he came would end up making Zamora's goal record impressive.
    Yes but there's always two sides to the argument, such as Ross McCormack scoring 10/15 goals a season for Motherwell and then going down to England and getting 20/30 goals in the championship, some players are more suited to different leagues. James Collins, who hibs signed for a quarter of a million pounds a couple of years ago scored a shed load for Swindon in league one, then was terrible in Scotland and returned back down south (opposite of kris Boyd), in returning to England he scored 20+ goals for Shrewsbury last season, just shows you that some players are suited to playing in Scotland, then some playing in England

Comment

Working...
    X