No announcement yet.

CR: Pulis "trying to take advantage of our situation"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gary monk put a 25m tag on Ashley Williams I don't think he is worth that but it done the trick and scared people off
    You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
      Gary monk put a 25m tag on Ashley Williams I don't think he is worth that but it done the trick and scared people off
      Exactly

I can't think we need money that much to 'have' to sell
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
        Not for me hits mate. £10m is £10m!!..... just the same as £15m is £15m!!(Austin).. Sorry but in the great scheme of things, in the footballing world the price tags we've put on our best players are nothing. If a club really wants any of these players they'll meet the valuations, no probs..... Would be gutted if we sold for any less (and tbh I dont think we will)
        I totally agree. I think QPR would have sold them by now had a deadline been set along with the price. Either that or we would know they are staying and plan ahead for the seadon rather than this limbo until 1st September.

Comment

They also had their price tag for Bony and got what they wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
            I would say bony is a much better player than Ashley Williams,, and bony fully justified his price tag
            You Rsssssss

Comment

But the sad thing for bony is that now city have got Stirling, plus knowing city they will add to there squad and bony will become a bench warmer on go out on loan in January
              You Rsssssss

Comment

I would say bony is a much better player than Ashley Williams,, and bony fully justified his price tag
                Yes he is a far better player, but thats not the point I was making. They put a high price on a player hoping no one will match it and only sell if it is met or get close it. Although given their price was high they get what they want.

Comment

We don't want to sell and we don't need to. But every player has a price and we have named his. WBA can stop whinging and either cough up or do one.
                  'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Yes he is a far better player, but thats not the point I was making. They put a high price on a player hoping no one will match it and only sell if it is met or get close it. Although given their price was high they get what they want.
                    But Man City can afford most players, the likes off WBA and palace can't compete with them, i
                    You Rsssssss

Comment

Serge Gnabry join WBA season long loan. Could that mean WBA end Phillips intrest? Hope so

Comment

Would rather keep Phillips than Fer...the geezer will tear defences apart this season

Comment

Of all the players being linked away...Phillips is the one I'm starting to think might stay.

...I said the same about Fer last week before Sunderland came in so I'm all aware it can change very quickly!! However, WBA are the only team who have been consistantly linked with him and they seem to be chasing other targets now.

He really could be the difference next season. Guy is a class above most if not all wingers in this division.

Comment

Originally posted by EssexR View Post
                            Of all the players being linked away...Phillips is the one I'm starting to think might stay.
                            Same here. To be totally honest our asking price is little bit too high,but we also paid too much when we sign him. Don't get me wrong he will be one of the most important player in this squad. I don't want t lose him,but s he a worth 10 million? No,maybe 6-7 million is more realistic

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              Would rather keep Phillips than Fer...the geezer will tear defences apart this season
                              Could not agree more.
                              I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcticHoop View Post
                                Same here. To be totally honest our asking price is little bit too high,but we also paid too much when we sign him. Don't get me wrong he will be one of the most important player in this squad. I don't want t lose him,but s he a worth 10 million? No,maybe 6-7 million is more realistic
                                Agreed. I thought 8m at a push would probably be fair tbh. The fact is he's only had half a season in the top flight where he had a chance to show his stuff. 10m is too hefty a price tag for the type of mid table prem teams that would be looking to sign him (like WBA).

Not that I'm complaining! If i recall, before his injury last time we were in the championship he was doing pretty well and scored a few for us then too. He's only going to improve as long as his head and heart are in the right place for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X