No announcement yet.

Team for sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Matty is right as a whole and we should probably move on now with the Charlie / Fer situation. (Maybe replace them sooner too) but If Chaz and Matty are fit and available then I would 100% play them both.

Matty has featured quite a lot this pre season, suggesting there is still a chance of him staying. (Same with Caulker)
    The Chaz deal is still up in the air and tbh I dont think we are spoilt for choice on the Striker front right now, unless we quickly buy that Gray chap or someone else who bangs goals at this level for fun.

JET is a number 10 (AM) for me, just like Chery.
    Mackie, as much as I love him, he is a winger and a winger at best.
    Polter is a striker, but a target man. Dont expect to see more than 6-8 goals from him this year.

We are short up front, there I would use Charlie in every SINGLE game that he is with us.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
      It's no secret that Charlie is my man crush so he takes the number 1 spot.
      Faurlin aint a bad looking geezer, not sure I would give him the reach around mind.
      Can't really think of many others that warrant comment on my homo post to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
        Green
        Furlong Ned Caulker Kpekawa
        Chery Luongo Faurlin Gladwin
        Mackie JET

Chery to cut in from the right.

Bench:

Polter, Phillips, Doughty, Yun, Lumley, Hill, RGC.
        Not bad

Comment

I think leaving out Austin and Fer is a must now.

Dont think Fer has played one pre-season game.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
            I think leaving out Austin and Fer is a must now.

Dont think Fer has played one pre-season game.
            I would give Fer a go mate, reckon there is a possibility he might stay. He's been injured though which is why he hasn't featured much unfortunately.
            The team you named would be the team I would start with too.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
              I would give Fer a go mate, reckon there is a possibility he might stay. He's been injured though which is why he hasn't featured much unfortunately.
              The team you named would be the team I would start with too.
              Oh, i didnt know Fer had been injured but come to think of it, he hasnt been in many training pictures.

I'd 100% put Fer in that team but i think the only person i would want to take out would be Gladwin... I rate Luongo massively! Think him and Ale Faurlin could be quality!

Comment

You have to play your best 11 assuming fitness. That means if Fer Chaz etc are still around, they play.

It would be insane not to. Get some points in the bag early doors if at all poss.

Comment

If Fer is injured then surely he wont be passing a medical anytime soon? I think he'll honestly be in the squad if only for the first 1-2 games. Inevitably will leave on TDD. I'm going to assume Phillips and Austin will be snapped up before the start of the season, and i'm also going to speculate that we'll meet Wigan's valuation of Pearch. I mean they want less than a million right?

With that in Mind:

Green

Pearch
                  Ned
                  Hill
                  Kpekwa

Henry
                  Luongo
                  Faurlin

Mackie
                  Polter
                  Chery

Subs: Lumley, Gladwin, JET, Fer, RGC, Doughty, Furlong

Having Austin, Phillips and hopefully (even though it appears to have gone a tad quiet on that front) Guediora in the squad would provide plenty more options. Even if Phillips and Austin havent been sold by the time we play Charlton, do you risk playing them knowing that in a matter of weeks they are no longer part of your plans? What message would that send out to the rest of the lads that even though Austin and Phillips are likely to be offski, you still arent being picked ahead of them? Bit of a dilema there for CR...

Comment

Originally posted by PizzaBoy View Post
                    ouch! We are going to struggle if that's our best starting XI this season. Not being negative just realistic. Furlong will get destroyed just like he did in the prem and we wont score many goals. Tough season ahead if we lose Austin and Phillips and dont replace them with similar quality.
                    Well said.

If Mackie, JET, Polter Luongo and Grego-Cox score 25 between them all season, I'll be amazed.
                    As for Furlong being a regular at RB, the club have got to be kidding (literally). He lacks experience which could prove costly. Although I guess if the club's ambition is to consolidate in low mid-table, then this won't be seen as a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by EssexR View Post
                      Even if Phillips and Austin havent been sold by the time we play Charlton, do you risk playing them knowing that in a matter of weeks they are no longer part of your plans? What message would that send out to the rest of the lads that even though Austin and Phillips are likely to be offski, you still arent being picked ahead of them?
                      You play them. 100%. There will plenty of time for the rest because at the very latest Chaz / Matty / Fer will be gone in Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                        I would expect the starting 11 to be the side Ramsey is envisaging to start v Charlton tbh. Total guess work but I reckon it might be something like:

Green
                        Furlong Nedum Caulker Kpenwa(?)
                        Henry Faurlin
                        Mackie Luongu Chery
                        JET

Can see him leaving Austin fer & Phillips out to prepare for life without them, personally.
                        perhaps they should select Austin in the hope he picks up an injury to put off perspective buyers.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                          You have to play your best 11 assuming fitness. That means if Fer Chaz etc are still around, they play.

It would be insane not to. Get some points in the bag early doors if at all poss.
                          I agree, you never know those early points could be the difference between finishing outside of the bottom 3!

Comment

I really think we should off built a new team without charlie, fer , matty, in mind ,, what I hate is now with caulker on his toes.. We need a lot off luck not to pick up any injuries in defence,, it could be we have to recruit youth players into the team.. It's going to be one tough season
                            You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                              You play them. 100%. There will plenty of time for the rest because at the very latest Chaz / Matty / Fer will be gone in Jan.
                              Very short term thinking though isnt it? Say we have them all for 2-3 games before they all leave and as a result we get off to a flyer.....then what? They leave and then the others get the chance? I see what you are saying and beleive me i want them all involved as much as possible but i'm trying to see things from CR's point of view. He has to keep morale in the camp high otherwise we've got not chance. He needs to show faith in the signings he's made as the likelyhood is, they will all play a much bigger part in our season than Fer, Austin and Phillips.

I still have the sneakiest of feeling's we'll still have 1 of them after TDD. Obviously between Phillips and Fer. I havent seen Fer linked with anybody at all...

Comment

Assuming all fit for Sunday:

1st Half...................................2nd Half

Green......................................Lumley

Furlong....................................Furlong
                                Onuha.....................................Onuha
                                Kpekawa..................................Hill
                                Yun.........................................Traore

Henry......................................Diakite
                                Faurlin.....................................Gladwi n
                                Luongo....................................Fer
                                Chery......................................Mackie
                                Phillips
                                .....................................Blackwood
                                Polter .....................................JET

Austin will sign for Newcastle on Friday (IMO)
                                Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 29-07-2015, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X