Met Joe Cini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Met Joe Cini

A few weeks ago I was invited to a wedding in Malta where I met with Joe Cini, a Maltese player that played for the R's in the late fifties and early sixties, if I am not mistaken. He still take interest in the R's and was very disappointed that we were relegated from the Premier. I know that most of you under the age of sixty will definitely knows little about him, however, he was liked very much at the time he was at Loftus Road. He was also the reason I started supporting the R's, and I told him so!

Sorry to go off-topic Martin but do you have any idea who the two Maltese players are we're currently looking at, whom CR recently mentioned? He must still have contacts there having played and coached there earlier in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
      A few weeks ago I was invited to a wedding in Malta where I met with Joe Cini, a Maltese player that played for the R's in the late fifties and early sixties, if I am not mistaken. He still take interest in the R's and was very disappointed that we were relegated from the Premier. I know that most of you under the age of sixty will definitely knows little about him, however, he was liked very much at the time he was at Loftus Road. He was also the reason I started supporting the R's, and I told him so!

I've supported the R's since 1952 so remember Joe really well, I was about 15 at the time.He only played around 7games for the R's and scored one goal and I wondered at the time if he was the only Maltese player plying his trade in England.Thanks for the trip down memory lane Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        Sorry to go off-topic Martin but do you have any idea who the two Maltese players are we're currently looking at, whom CR recently mentioned? He must still have contacts there having played and coached there earlier in his career.
        The Muscats. Rowen (midfield) and Zach (RB)

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          TBh I don't know who they are. This week West Ham played in Malta against my local team Birkirkara and we managed to win the game 1-0. The aggregate was 1-1 after extra time, however we lost on penalties. The Birkirkara side have some quality in their side, the most impressive is Mazzetti, an Argentinian center back that judging by the way he dominated the West Ham forwards could do a job for the R's. There are currently some good players in Malta, both local and foreign. For example, Bolasie started his career in the Malta Premier league.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
            The Muscats. Rowen (midfield) and Zach (RB)
            Rowen Muscat is a very classy midfield player and last year he spent some time playing in the Hungarian Premier. He is quality and came through the ranks of Birkirkara. Zach is a very good right back, strong and can tackle. The type that never gives up. Both play for the Malta national team, so, hopefully both will play when Malta face England in the coming World Cup qualifiers.

Comment

Working...
            X