No announcement yet.

If I could ask for your help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was watching the game at home with my mate, a Chels** fan. He thought it was funny watching me go through the mill on that rollercoaster afternoon. I had one eye on the Stoke Bolton game. At one point Bolton were in the lead and we had Barton sent off and we were staring at the trapdoor of relegation. Then Mackie scored that breakaway second goal, and my emotions took over. I took my T shirt off and waved it round my head. I couldn't quite believe we were beating the champions-elect. Then I saw Crouchy con that penalty I had a feeling that for once, the football Gods were on our side. By the time City got those jammy equalisers ( ), Bolton had drawn and we were safe and the relief flooded through me. What an incredible afternoon that was.

Comment

I'll be using a couple of these, if you don't mind, as the book really does need a QPR perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by MCFCforum View Post
        I'll be using a couple of these, if you don't mind, as the book really does need a QPR perspective.
        That's fine MCFCforum, but if you could give a credit to members of the WeAreTheRangersBoys QPR forum that would be appreciated.

Comment

I was sat in a corner in a pub in Lyme Regis. The pub had two TV's going, one bar full of plastic reds and the rest of us watching the City game. The United fans were rubbing it in big time until those dying moments. For a couple of minutes I was in despair because I was unaware of other scores. What a happy ending. U'rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrr's
          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
          This morning's tempest I have to cross
          I must be guided without a stumble
          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

i always remember that MC fan going nuts cos he thought they were going to lose,, was he smashing the seat.....i always imagine he felt a bit of a c0ck for not keeping faith

Comment

had a swim on the morning of the game in my manchester hotel , there was a indian fella getting changed next to me . he put on a city away shirt so i asked him if he was going to the game . he said there are more important things in life like my mortgage and feeding my kids , but i said this game is massive for you . he started to get the hump so our conversation came to an abrupt end . i turned to my kids and said if he'd said the right things i'd have probably given him my ticket

Comment

I was in a bar packed out with both Manch fans and all 3 games were live. lots were holiday makers with their cheap tops from the lookylooky men who were having a field day.
                Sitting next to City fans was a no no as the game entered added time and I was advised to move by the boss cos them City fans with tears streaming down their faces were ready to blow.
                The reds were really rubbing it in jumping all over me when the Stoke game ended.
                Those final seconds were something else as you can imagine. I don't think we will ever witness a day like that again.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                  That's fine MCFCforum, but if you could give a credit to members of the WeAreTheRangersBoys QPR forum that would be appreciated.
                  I most certainly will.
                  Most people know me as BlueWolf - I'd signed up here ages ago for reasons that now escape me, hence my username.

Comment

I was watching in a pub in London with a good few rangers mates of mine.a large female sort was at the bar in a city shirt and the banter toing and throwing. at the final whistle we were all half alight and cheering when the city girl jumps up and pulls out which can only be described as double Gs.they were massive and all the lads thanked her for a truly memorable day
                    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

the chance of getting a mention in a book and hey presto, we are sitting in pubs all over the gaff. Wish I'd said the bar was in Casablanca now
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by MCFCforum View Post
                        It's been a long time since I have been here, but I am asking for a favour from you Rangers fans.

A couple of months ago I was picked up by a publisher for a satirical history book about Manchester City, but now I'm writing about 93:20. However, I want all views from as many different club fans as possible. It doesn't even need to be City-centric or indeed exclusively about that day; if it relates to that day somehow I am interested.

The book will cover everyone that day, the entire season and then a giant chapter concerning that day.

I have set up an email a/c that I do not mind going public: bluewolf1894@yahoo.com if people have stories to send. Or if you prefer you can post them here perhaps invoking other's memories. No matter what it is, no matter where you live in this World, I would like to hear it.

Thank you in advance.
                        I've posted this before but here you go:

Last game of the season and we are fighting for survival. Bolton have Stoke while we (on a high from Cisse's last minute winner at stoke) have the favorites Man Citeh at home.

I'd broken my foot the night before Chelsea away (probably about 4 weeks before this game) so I had my foot bandaged up and used a walking stick. The night before the game I see tickets being requested for with offers of over £750.

Anyway, I got picked up by my mate and we are really hyped for this game but on our way to Manchester on the M4 (a few miles our from Birmingham) his car breaks down. We call his insurance company and it doesn't look too bad. But we are waiting for about an hour or so before someone actually turns up. I'm getting proper edgy now because I don't want to miss this game. The bloke then tells us it's got to go to a garage. My mate wants to go back home with his car but I'm thinking f*ck that; I want to see this game, So I call several cabs but no one is going to pick me up from the side of the motorway until one company agrees to pick me up from the services. So I get to the services a mile away (broken foot and all) and get in this cab that charges me £50 quid to get to Birmingham station.

I see the next train will get me there for just before half time. At this point I realize it's another £50 quid to Manchester. Do I really want to go there to watch us get relegated having spent £100 quid (I'm skint at this point so £100 was a big deal). I think #### it, will I ever see QPR in the prem again? probably not - let's enjoy it and go down with dignity. On the train I see that Bolton are up and we are down and relegation is looking certain.

I get to Manchester and get to the ground. I realize I still have my mates ticket on me. My first though is 2 x £750 would do me a lot of good now but then I go against it. While walking to the away end I see a man and his young lad in a City shirt outside the ground (along with several other fans) so I offer the lad my ticket and tell him it's away end. Dad asks me how much I want for it and for some stupid reason I say "Have it for free. It's an amazing feeling watching your team lift the trophy - can't put a price on that".

I get to the turnstiles and it's just gone half time. The stewards don't want to let me in. I start talking to them and they can tell I'm not a Manc - I show them my season ticket and booking email - and give them the sob story about my foot and how I hobbled around Brummyland to get here after my mate's car broke down. One of the stewards finally takes my tickets and goes to get it scanned and let me and this lad in.

I get into the ground and just loved being there. Cisse scoring to equalize was amazing - never expected that we could actually draw - my thought were all about the Stoke game. Barton then got sent off and I was thinking that is it - we are down because of this P*ick (didn't now at the time that he retaliated to an elbow and just tried to take someone down with him). Then Tarore's pin point cross onto Mackies head put us up and I was in cloud 9 - the lad next to me almost in tears - but that felt amazing. News then filters though about Crouchy taking that dive for us and scoring the penalty to make it 2-2. Its's the 92nd minute and rumors about Bolton being unable to win so go down regardless - but fake stories were a theme of the day - our bench then celebrates and City equalize seconds later. None of us are sure if we are safe or not and I get the call from my mate to say that we are safe. At 2-2 a few of us start chanting "come on city" - couldn't be happy with ManUre winning the title after Ashley Young's disgusting dive only a few weeks earlier. We see the Augero moment and the lad next to me is in tears - hugs me and thanks me for the ticket and disappears.

I stayed - watched them lift the trophy - sang Blue Moon and it was the happiest place in the world after that game. Absolutely loved it and will probably never have as good a football day again.

Comment

Was Captaining my Sunday League side in a cup final that afternoon, remember it as a hot one. Was trying to concentrate on the job in hand but had 2 Man U fans on our bench going mental throughout the game. Got the 2-1 latest as our game went into extra time then silence. We lost the Cup final in the last minute of extra time, whistle blown and I went straight to the bar to see the end of the game. Somewhat confused we were 3-2 down but staying up? My 2 Man Utd fans were not happy but I was. Lost the Qpr game in the last minute, lost our Cup final in the last minute but I was happy as Larry and on the beer.

Bizarre day.

Comment

Working...
                          X