No announcement yet.

Carlton Cole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't mind this. Would be good in the championship imo.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

As prolific and injury prone as Zamora. Rather others personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
        Wouldn't mind this. Would be good in the championship imo.
        Why would you want a striker that doesn't score? absolutely pointless getting rid of Bobby to replace him with basically his twin. Both injury prone as #### and don't score goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
          Why would you want a striker that doesn't score? absolutely pointless getting rid of Bobby to replace him with basically his twin. Both injury prone as #### and don't score goals.
          Word.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
            He'd do a job in this league and is a good few years younger and far less injury ravaged than Bobby Z. Never been prolific since youth football to be fair though. At youth level he was a revelation and scored a bag load. Think you could put a lot of that down to him being a quick developer (i.e. built like a brick sh*t house at 14 years of age).

Only real concern I have is that all of the strikers we've signed are a bit of a roll of the dice. JET will be awesome if he recaptures the form he had at Bristol City in parts of last season. Poulter, who knows. Tyler Blackwood, has looked a handful pre-season but has never played at anything like this level. Mackie, will hopefully chip in with 8-10 goals over a season. Grego-Cox, still very much learning the game.

Would have been nice to see at least one of the strikers we've signed being someone you could say with confidence will definitely score at this level!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              He'd do a job in this league and is a good few years younger and far less injury ravaged than Bobby Z. Never been prolific since youth football to be fair though. At youth level he was a revelation and scored a bag load. Think you could put a lot of that down to him being a quick developer (i.e. built like a brick sh*t house at 14 years of age).

Only real concern I have is that all of the strikers we've signed are a bit of a roll of the dice. JET will be awesome if he recaptures the form he had at Bristol City in parts of last season. Poulter, who knows. Tyler Blackwood, has looked a handful pre-season but has never played at anything like this level. Mackie, will hopefully chip in with 8-10 goals over a season. Grego-Cox, still very much learning the game.

Would have been nice to see at least one of the strikers we've signed being someone you could say with confidence will definitely score at this level!
              Fair comments Tarbie. I guess club are waiting to see if Charlie goes. If they sign someone else now and they don't shift Charlie, they are in financial trouble. Cole would be a handy super-sub but certainly no replacement for Charlie. Be amazed if Mackie gets anything like 10 goals. Blackwood is surely more one for the future. JET doesn't seem like an out and out striker. Polter is the nearest we have but get the impression - might be wrong - he is more of a Heider Helguson type player who will get lots of knock downs for others and be a very good all round player but not as prolific as Charlie (who is, mind)?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnside View Post
                Makes more sense EDL sports probably just retweeted it
                Doubt Pete would be any good for the EDL as let's be honest he is still a bit of a bloater.

On the up side his mates with pencil neck who is now a Rangers "face" allegedly

Comment

Dwight gales agent at game tonight

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                    Fair comments Tarbie. I guess club are waiting to see if Charlie goes. If they sign someone else now and they don't shift Charlie, they are in financial trouble. Cole would be a handy super-sub but certainly no replacement for Charlie. Be amazed if Mackie gets anything like 10 goals. Blackwood is surely more one for the future. JET doesn't seem like an out and out striker. Polter is the nearest we have but get the impression - might be wrong - he is more of a Heider Helguson type player who will get lots of knock downs for others and be a very good all round player but not as prolific as Charlie (who is, mind)?
                    Blackwood is a funny one, if he's genuinely "one for the future" we wouldn't have only given him 1 year. I see him more of a roll of the dice. He has come straight out of the US collegiate system which is nowhere near Championship standard, I think he also played youth football at Barnet and Northampton. He has been training with us for months now and has impressed massively when he's played for the EDS/reserves/whatever you call them these days. I see it more of a case of give him a year and see what he does.

I think JET is a centre forward who has been used on the wing on and off throughout his senior career. He certainly looks like a centre forward to me, both in his size and stature and in the way he plays the game. Obviously we'll see what happens but looking at the squad I'd guess that's where we'll use him, particularly if we play 4-4-2.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Now he's a bit more like what we're missing. A nippy striker who'll bag you goals. Perhaps Palace are teeing up some sort of players plus cash deal for Charlie?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        Now he's a bit more like what we're missing. A nippy striker who'll bag you goals. Perhaps Palace are teeing up some sort of players plus cash deal for Charlie?
                        Charlie would be perfect for them much as it pains me to say it.

Comment

What position does he play?

Comment

• Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                            Charlie would be perfect for them much as it pains me to say it.
                            Personally I thought a bigger side would be in for Charlie but as the window drags on I can see it more and more likely that Charlie could end up at a side like Palace. I really wouldn't mind a part exchange in this case, 12m plus Gayle sounds about right to me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                              Blackwood is a funny one, if he's genuinely "one for the future" we wouldn't have only given him 1 year. I see him more of a roll of the dice. He has come straight out of the US collegiate system which is nowhere near Championship standard, I think he also played youth football at Barnet and Northampton. He has been training with us for months now and has impressed massively when he's played for the EDS/reserves/whatever you call them these days. I see it more of a case of give him a year and see what he does.

I think JET is a centre forward who has been used on the wing on and off throughout his senior career. He certainly looks like a centre forward to me, both in his size and stature and in the way he plays the game. Obviously we'll see what happens but looking at the squad I'd guess that's where we'll use him, particularly if we play 4-4-2.
                              You are probably right about the roll of the dice and Blackwood, good point.

Re JET it is some time since I have seen him play so bow to your better knowledge. All I would say is when strikers are moved out to the wing (think of Mackie, who is also built like a classic old school number 9) it is normally because they aren't prolific/ clinical enough in the box but the manager wants to find a way of shoe-horning them into the team for their all round play. If players are not prolific lower down the divisions unusual for them to suddenly become so in a bigger league. But he clearly has natural flair and I hope he works out for us, wherever that may be.

Comment

How do you know that mate and did you speak to him?

Comment

Working...
                                X