X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just back

from live chat

not going to mention Sousa at all

from the sounds of it Swansea packed the midfield & nullified Watson, Rowland & Buz

their keeper made 2 or 3 quality saves

but.....................at the end of the day goalscorers win you games, but quality goalscorers win you games when your not playing well & that's what we miss but we've been saying that for at least 18 months now, even when Dex was here we were all saying we need a quality striker alongside him, now with him gone not only do we need to replace him, but we need 2 quality strikers as it seems Vine has just lost it, big time, can't have a go at Jay as a youngster & all that, so unless we spend some decent money on at least 2 forwards plus a left back, we will be where we always are, mid table with the odd win against the better teams, then total FU against the lesser teams

rant over :devil:

Its funny how the striker (or lack of) situation always seems to crop up.

Comment

not going to mention Sousa at all

from the sounds of it Swansea packed the midfield & nullified Watson, Rowland & Buz

their keeper made 2 or 3 quality saves

but.....................at the end of the day goalscorers win you games, but quality goalscorers win you games when your not playing well & that's what we miss but we've been saying that for at least 18 months now, even when Dex was here we were all saying we need a quality striker alongside him, now with him gone not only do we need to replace him, but we need 2 quality strikers as it seems Vine has just lost it, big time, can't have a go at Jay as a youngster & all that, so unless we spend some decent money on at least 2 forwards plus a left back, we will be where we always are, mid table with the odd win against the better teams, then total FU against the lesser teamsspot on

Spot on

Comment

what made me laugh is that everyone was screaming we just need 1 striker and we can make playoffs..... simpson arrives... then its we just need 1 more striker then we can make playoffs.... hahaha

Comment

So NW9 - do you think we have enough up front to build a promotion challenge?

Comment

nah, the screaming for a striker was when we had Blackstock who's departure meant 2 was needed.

Comment

nah trust me. after blackstock goin, nearly everyone was sayin we are just one striker away form bein a top team. i always felt two were needed but thats what was being said and most on here agreed

Comment

Originally posted by NW9_RANGER View Post
                what made me laugh is that everyone was screaming we just need 1 striker and we can make playoffs..... simpson arrives... then its we just need 1 more striker then we can make playoffs.... hahaha
                Simpson?? Arsenal kid from their reserves. Did you really think he would be the answer to our striker problem? really?

Comment

nah trust me. after blackstock goin, nearly everyone was sayin we are just one striker away form bein a top team. i always felt two were needed but thats what was being said and most on here agreed
                  Im sure you are trustworthy, but the demand for a striker has been going on for 18 months...a year b4 Blackstock departed our shores.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                    So NW9 - do you think we have enough up front to build a promotion challenge?
                    nah definately not enough. i was just makin a point stain, thats what people were sayin. i always felt we needed 2 striker to be brought in... but weve got what weve got. im not gonna come on here and whinge ohhh we need another striker after every game. this is our squad and it doesnt look like changing, so we just need to get behind them and hopefully something magical can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Mutley View Post
                      Im sure you are trustworthy, but the demand for a striker has been going on for 18 months...a year b4 Blackstock departed our shores.
                      yeah im not debating that mate, im just sayin summer just gone, after blackstock left, people on here were sayin just that. not all, but most

Comment

Sousa I feel proved a little point today. Knew enough about us and how to reduce our threat by stopping our midfield. Tired minds and bodies after a long trip and a lot of effort at Newcastle did the rest.

Comment

Fair enough NW9, I like your optimistic outlook. But as well as selling Blackstock we have loaned out Helguson who might not be brilliant but is at least an established striker, added to which Balanta has been injured and Vine - who has rarely been much of a goal scorer anyway - hasn't scored all season and doesn't look like scoring. Pellicori and Agyman I think everyone agrees are pants. That just leaves Simpson, a talented but inexperienced kid. Without re-inforcements this wd take a miracle on a par with the parting of the Red Sea...

Comment

the fact is GOALS WIN GAMES, we missed chances
                            2 reds can't help.THOSE SUSPENSIONS WILL HURT US AS BOTH TOGETHER....

we know we'll lose some, this was one of those, so 2 weeks to work and prepare for pne.

Comment

sorry mate but your wrong there, most were saying when we had Blackstock all we need was another quality striker alongside him, not the likes of Nygaard Di Carmine the guy from Barnsley (sorry forgot his name) so what do we do, bring in a 3rd rate striker from Italy & a kid from Arsenal reserves, sorry mate but until we get a quality (and i mean quality) striker in, you know the 1#s that cost dosh, we will always be a "almost ran" we still need another left back & in my book that would do it (as long as we get Watson in Jan)

not going to slate the team as they have been doing well, but sorry got no time what so ever with the people running our football club, or that should be buying the players into our football club.

back to ya

Comment

Working...
                              X