X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italy Squad Announced

Goalkeepers: Green, McCarthy
    Defenders: Hill, Caulker, Onuoha, Suk-Young, Schorch (trialist), Furlong
    Midfielders: Henry, Hoilett, Luongo, Gladwin, Phillips, Gobern (trialist), Diakite, Faurlin, Fer, Mackie, Doughty, Comley
    Strikers: Austin, Polter, Emmanuel-Thomas, Grego-Cox

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qp...s7u5ism49R0.99

'German defender Schorch is a free agent following his release from MSV Duisburg, as is former Huddersfield Town midfielder Gobern.'

Is anyone missing whom we expected to be there?
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Seeing that squad brings it home just how many we've let go and how much has changed from last season. Virtually unrecognisable

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Schorch

Comment

Missing - Traore (injured)< Sandro (extended holiday / VISA issues), but also no Harriman??

Comment

Petrasso? Sutherland?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
              Petrasso? Sutherland?
              Great point.

Comment

Harriman is the big miss for me, As for this schorch bloke, he's been valued on TransferMarkt at about 140k but looks like he can play centre back and right back which is quite handy. Who knows, could be a useful addition to the squad for 12 months with option.

Gobern is a good age (24), got championship experience and is valued at 280k. These values are generally lower than player worth but they are a good relative indication when you compare them to other players. Got 3 goals and 8 assists in his time at Huddersfield of 79 matches and plays anywhere in the middle of the park (DM, CM or AM). Again, another squad player.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I had hoped that young Ryan Manning would have been given a place in the squad, he would definitely benefit from the experience and give him a confidence boost.

Comment

strange that Petrasso,Sutherland and Harriman are omitted. Where else they can show what they can do than pre-season matches? Or do CR/Les think that these opponents are too tough for them at this point and give them run in when we play Dundee and ect..

Comment

Genuinely thought that the likes of Petrasso, Harriman, Sutherland and more importantly considering we actually spent money on them; Manning and Donaldson was going to be in/around the 1st team squad sooner rather than later.
                      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                      Lovejoy: "No?!"
                      Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by ArcticHoop View Post
                        strange that Petrasso,Sutherland and Harriman are omitted. Where else they can show what they can do than pre-season matches? Or do CR/Les think that these opponents are too tough for them at this point and give them run in when we play Dundee and ect..
                        apparently the U21 team is also going to italy and will train with the 1st team whenever possible, but is having a different match schedule: http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qp...5-2486585.aspx

Comment

Shows how many defenders we need to buy. We still need a LB, RB, CB, one wide player and a striker minimum.

Comment

Furlong but no Harriman has got to be a mistake surely, we just gave Harriman an extra year and he said he's aiming to play for first team but then pick his younger and less experienced equivalent

Comment

Originally posted by Adel View Post
                              Furlong but no Harriman has got to be a mistake surely, we just gave Harriman an extra year and he said he's aiming to play for first team but then pick his younger and less experienced equivalent
                              Very strange, must be injured? I wonder if Gobern is trying out for the LB position? We have to many midfielders already.

Also Henry might be played RB this season? Otherwise, going on tour with just two FB's doesn't make sense.
                              Kept the faith!

Comment

Working...
                              X