Very much a hypothetical question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
    Absolutely no chance. If he was going to sign a new contract he would have done it 6 months ago. There are only 2 real options with Austin; sell him now for £15 mill or keep him for 1 season, hope he fires us to promotion but watch him walk that summer. Dont think Deeney was ever allowed to run his contract so low which puts the player in such a strong negotiation position, that he knows he could walk into a mega contract in under 12 months if he sees it out
    Exactly!

Watford showing QPR how to do it. We are the mug punters of football world. And everyone knows it. That's why they try it on.

Comment

Suggesting we should have offered him a decent contract at the begining of last season? Which his agent would have insisted had a relegation clause I imagine...
      Where can one find Bush Babes?

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
        At the end of the day, as much as I hate to say this I dont think we are a big enough club to reject £15million for a player who is in the last year of his contract.
        Absolutely massive gamble to keep him in the hope of the riches gained from promotion.

I would tell him to see what the situation is like in January....go then.

Comment

Also no point in keeping him if he doesn't want to be here. He wants to play in the Premiership and even if he stays that will still be the case. Last couple of months of the season he looked half interested and barely a threat. Take the £15m and wish him well.

Comment

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
            Last couple of months of the season he looked half interested.
            To be fair, so did most of us in the crowd !

Comment

I think the problem is not him staying, it's more to do with reducing the wage bill. That's what I think they said in the Q & A video with CR, LF & AS on QPR Player.

If I was CR, I'd rather get rid of Green and his wages then Austin.

I think there will be at least another 2 top players leaving before the window closes.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                I think the problem is not him staying, it's more to do with reducing the wage bill. That's what I think they said in the Q & A video with CR, LF & AS on QPR Player.

I think there will be at least another 2 top players leaving before the window closes.
                That is spot on. Would also end the Green/McCarthy issue

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post

He joined us when in the championship so i cant imagine his wages would be high when compared to many of the players who joined us for the prem, so we wouldnt need to sell him ahead of anyone else for that reason.

Comment

silly to sell the amount we have thrown away 15mil is nowt and if he get 20 + goals it could get us up ?

Comment

Working...
                    X