Ramsey talkSPORT interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    I'm sorry but that is simply not true. I repeat my earlier post that people here are underestimating the ramifications; and again I refer back to our meeting with Les, Chris, and Ian Taylor, where we were told that the FFP case involving the club's lawyers could drag on for several months, or even up to a year.
    There's also a English law that pretty much means we will get off with a minimum fine. Will try to find the article on it and put it up for you to read tonight or tomorrow when I find it.
    Fantastic read and pretty compelling for what the outcome will be as it explains that even if charged the case against us would be thrown out because of this law that's in place and it's exactly what we are appealing now. The law Basically means we have to be charged on the regulations set now and current punishments in place for breaking them and not the one that were in place in the past.
    Yes we still haven't met the criteria for the current regulations but the ramifications are now a lot less. It's so extreme the example given was previously for breaking the laws it was like a death sentence. The laws now are equivalent of a bit of community service. The club know this mate but are being sensible and not giving to much away.

It's also very shrewd to be telling everyone we don't have much money blah blah...people do take note and I'm sure people aren't taking us for mugs anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
      But mate you forget that the cash injection that the directors had to sink in the club to bring our annual accounts almost into the black was more than £40. Excluding such cash injections the club was losing a lot more than £40m a year. This season we will have a lower wage bill but even with parachutte payments our relegation will have significantly reduced our income. The idea that we will spend circa 8/10m on a Rhodes or similar as some have suggested is just laughable imho - but we will find out in the next few weeks in any case.

You have a fair point mate. I've always been a optimistic chappy lol but as you say we will see in a few weeks. Think your right about 1 major signing like a Rhodes but possibly think gray, Byrne, asomah have legs.
      All I'm majorly pleased about is it seems we are being more financially responsible in monetary terms.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
        There's also a English law that pretty much means we will get off with a minimum fine. Will try to find the article on it and put it up for you to read tonight or tomorrow when I find it.
        Fantastic read and pretty compelling for what the outcome will be as it explains that even if charged the case against us would be thrown out because of this law that's in place and it's exactly what we are appealing now. The law Basically means we have to be charged on the regulations set now and current punishments in place for breaking them and not the one that were in place in the past.
        Yes we still haven't met the criteria for the current regulations but the ramifications are now a lot less. It's so extreme the example given was previously for breaking the laws it was like a death sentence. The laws now are equivalent of a bit of community service. The club know this mate but are being sensible and not giving to much away.

It's also very shrewd to be telling everyone we don't have much money blah blah...people do take note and I'm sure people aren't taking us for mugs anymore.
        I seem to recall reading this law when it was posted on here about 6 months ago (maybe longer). If that applies any fine QPR will pay is likely to be around the £5-10M rather than the £40-50M being put about in the papers. in other words, selling Fer or the sell-on % from Sterling's sale would pay the fine and possibly leave some change to buy another League 1 player.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
          The Harry lovers hate him.
          Hate is a bit strong really.

I for one, don’t hate Ramsey, just sceptical that he was the correct appointment in February or a permanent one in May without interviewing anyone else.

And it isn’t just Harry lovers as you put it, I couldn’t stand Redkrapp and wanted him gone in September.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
            Hate is a bit strong really.

I for one, don’t hate Ramsey, just sceptical that he was the correct appointment in February or a permanent one in May without interviewing anyone else.

And it isn’t just Harry lovers as you put it, I couldn’t stand Redkrapp and wanted him gone in September.
            I'm with you on that one Big fella regarding not casting the net far wider but now he's here I'll give him my full backing but hope they don't leave it too long if we are foundering at the end of Oct...

Comment

Working...
            X