QPR prepared to let Austin's contract run down if £15m valuation is not met

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR prepared to let Austin's contract run down if £15m valuation is not met

Queens Park Rangers are prepared to get tough over the sale of Charlie Austin by considering letting the striker run down his contract if their asking price is not met. The club value Austin, who scored 18 goals in the Premier League last season, at £15million.

Standard Sport understands Rangers are determined not to lower their valuation and haven’t ruled out the possibility of the forward leaving on a free next year.

The thinking is that they could take such a gamble because Austin’s goals would give them a chance of winning promotion back to the Premier League and the financial rewards would compensate for missing out on a fee.

Under the new TV contract, which begins in the 2016-17 campaign, the bottom club will be guaranteed £99m in prize money.

Read more...http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foot...-10357017.html

Good tactics by the club. Its not true of course, they know he will go - but important negotiating wise to show we are not desperate.

Comment

Hope it's true. Why should we be bullied into selling our top asset for 10 mill which a lot of clubs only seem to be willing I pay.

15 mill in today's market for a striker who scored 18 goals in the premier league in a poor squad is more than fair.
      We gave Charlie a shot and of no one comes in for him at the price we have set then we keep him.

Would make a lot of sense to do that anyway. We keep him he could be the difference of going back up and secondly we might even have a outside chance of getting him to stay of we can achieve promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
        Good tactics by the club. Its not true of course, they know he will go - but important negotiating wise to show we are not desperate.
        I genuinely don't believe the club ARE desperate over the situation.

Comment

This is more and more getting like the remy situation every day goes by, we will be left with no decent striker mark my words, but I. Would love charlie to stay.
          You Rsssssss

Comment

Good tactics by the club.

If no-one takes up the £15m (which I would seriously doubt), then lets hope a) Austin doesn't mind staying with us and b) Hope we can score and win games if he gets injured because we didn't last time round.

Comment

Nothing like Remy situation we had no choice but to sell him we do with Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Agree and I also think the club know Charlie's not the type to spit his dummy out. He's 25 not over the hill by any means and if he done another year with is he will get his move to a prem team and probably a more lucrative contract.

However opif a 15 mill offer comes in then fair enough. My worry about this is we might not see the money on the table until near deadline day when tea,s start to panic and stump up the cash. The club need to set a cut of date imp for clubs to meet our price. We don't want to be panic buying with 3,4 or 5 days to go.

Comment

Just had to duck when one flew round my living room

Comment

This is just posturing in the media to show we are not going to be pushed around but Austin will not be here next season. The player doesnt want to be here and we dont want to lose him for free next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                      Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

Agree and I also think the club know Charlie's not the type to spit his dummy out. He's 25 not over the hill by any means and if he done another year with is he will get his move to a prem team and probably a more lucrative contract.

However opif a 15 mill offer comes in then fair enough. My worry about this is we might not see the money on the table until near deadline day when tea,s start to panic and stump up the cash. The club need to set a cut of date imp for clubs to meet our price. We don't want to be panic buying with 3,4 or 5 days to go.
                      Agree with the above 100%

As mentioned the other day, the club need to dig their heels in and either get what we demand, or keep him. He isnt the type to have a hissy fit, so will perform for us if still here and with his goals we'd have every change of going straight back up, which would be far more lucrative than the £15m.

Add to that, he didnt come in for the prem on £100k / week meaning we need to offload urgently, he came in for the Championship and will be on manageable wages so we are not desperate to sell in any way shape or form.

It's a perfect statement for the club to be putting out there.

Comment

Lets hope we stick to it? our board have been weak in the past I really hope they have the bottle to hold out, and not let it be like the Remy situation and he moves on the last day for £15 but there's no time to get in a replacement, they need to say if this isn't settled by a certain date he stays and thats it I'd rather have up until January or all season rather than leave on the cheap but I feel as someone has quoted that its just a bit of sabre ratteling by our board

Comment

There are two dangers in not selling him, the first is he gets injured and then walks away for nothing without us getting a years service. The second is the January transfer window, if he leaves then it would be much worse than leaving now (which he will). With regards to transfers is always best to not believe 95% of any clubs press release.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Nothing like Remy situation we had no choice but to sell him we do with Charlie
                            What I meen west is charlie might be sold the day before the transfer window closes, that will leave us f ucked with no time to spend whatever million's we will get, then have to wait till January to spend by that time it will be to late
                            You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                              There are two dangers in not selling him, the first is he gets injured and then walks away for nothing without us getting a years service. The second is the January transfer window, if he leaves then it would be much worse than leaving now (which he will). With regards to transfers is always best to not believe 95% of any clubs press release.
                              I dont see how having his goals for half the season, which would most likely see us in the top 6, could possibly be a bad thiing...? Come Jan, if we're where we hope to be, i doubt he'd leave anyway, and more to the point, as we'd be nearer to realising our aim for th season, the club would definitely not sell then and risk falling away in the final key months.

Comment

Working...
                              X