Surrender Monkey's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surrender Monkey's

To all you dream team managers who say we should be grateful to get 8-10m for Charlie because he has a year left on his contract, who would you rather have playing for us next season, Clyne or Austin? What's the difference other than Saints know what their players are worth, and play hardball?

Peter Cech gone to Arsenal for £10m and Shane Long cost the Saints £12m
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

It does seem if it is Liverpool, Utd, City, Arsenal or Chelsea buying a player the price doubles.

Comment

If I was Charlie I'd be a bit miffed at the moment - no one appears to have come in with a confirmed bid of any sort yet. Surely if Charlie was the "number one" target for all these premiere clubs why haven't they put their cash where their mouth is yet?
        Tony Fernandes Blue N White Army

Comment

Agree Kurt you are spot on

We set the price if no one meets it then their lose. Every moans we have done rubbish deals in past and rolled over then want to voluntarily drop the price of our prized asset when there are two months of the TX window still to go. Southampton and Spurs etc play hardball and more often then not get what they want same applies

Its like anyone of us here putting our house up for sale for 500k and someone offering us 200k you only accept the offer if your desperate for the money which were not

Charlie if he goes will probably get a £1mil signing on fee from new club and be on 50k a week which is more of less £2.5mil a year for what four years so if he wants out that much if a club offer us £12mil he can tell them he don’t want signing on fee and they can put that on the fee and if he drops his wage demands they can lump any savings on to the fee too. If he wants out there are ways of making it happen but he will need to take the hit not us

Comment

The worst thing, if it was said, is Les's 15m fee, it suggests we either don't value the player or we're desperate for cash, so it's no wonder savvy buying clubs are trying it on.
            As for those who think Charlie will sulk if we keep him, surely not. Next summer he'll want as many options as possible when he leaves for nothing, the best way to do that is to score 30 goals in the Championship.
            And by keeping him we'd be sacrificing a profit of less than 10, which is a drop in the ocean compared to what we've p##sed up the wall over the last 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Glevum_Hoop View Post
              If I was Charlie I'd be a bit miffed at the moment - no one appears to have come in with a confirmed bid of any sort yet. Surely if Charlie was the "number one" target for all these premiere clubs why haven't they put their cash where their mouth is yet?
              They're all leaving it late to try and get him on the cheap! I hope we dont buckle, but yo can bet your life we will and it will be too late to get a replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Bakholt View Post
                The worst thing, if it was said, is Les's 15m fee, it suggests we either don't value the player or we're desperate for cash, so it's no wonder savvy buying clubs are trying it on.
                No it doesn't. I suggests we know the value of a player with only one year left on his contract. I don't understand how this fact seems so complicated for some people.

He's had one (albeit good) year in the Premiership so its still a gamble for clubs to pay much more than that. I think a realistic price is going to be £10-12m. Someone might get desperate towards the end of the transfer window but I'd be surprised if we get a lot more than that...

Comment

Lunar, if Clyne is worth 12m with one year left of his contract, since when have fullbacks cost as much as prolific strikers?

Comment

Lunar, if Clyne is worth 12m with one year left of his contract, since when have fullbacks cost as much as prolific strikers?
                    Clyne is just under 2 years younger than Austin and has played 5 times for England last season....

Comment

The difference between Clyne and Austin....Ability. Teams have seen enough of both to have their valuations on each player and so far it seems no one is willing to pay the money for austin. I understand that austin scored 18 goals last year etc. but teams dont seem to rate Austin's overall game. Also add to the fact saints finished top 8, clyne is an international, younger than austin and is seen as potentially the next england RB or at least good enough to be playing european level football. If austin has a similar season next year in the prem then teams will take him more seriously but so far teams may feel he may be a 1 season wonder or at least not done it on a consistent level in the prem yet. Further to this Liverpool may well be knowingly paying over the odds for clyne to ensure they get their man because other teams wont pay the fee this summer and if he leaves on free next year other teams would outbid liverpool in terms of wages.

Comment

Last season - Luke Shaw £30m

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          Agree Kurt you are spot on

We set the price if no one meets it then their lose. Every moans we have done rubbish deals in past and rolled over then want to voluntarily drop the price of our prized asset when there are two months of the TX window still to go. Southampton and Spurs etc play hardball and more often then not get what they want same applies

Its like anyone of us here putting our house up for sale for 500k and someone offering us 200k you only accept the offer if your desperate for the money which were not

Charlie if he goes will probably get a £1mil signing on fee from new club and be on 50k a week which is more of less £2.5mil a year for what four years so if he wants out that much if a club offer us £12mil he can tell them he don’t want signing on fee and they can put that on the fee and if he drops his wage demands they can lump any savings on to the fee too. If he wants out there are ways of making it happen but he will need to take the hit not us
                          I have been arguing this point all along.

If it were up to me, his price would have been £20M and a deadline set for 24th July to get the deal done or he sees out his contract or January if no hope of promotion.

Those who would sell for £8-14m clearly don't feel confident enough that any club would pay more for Austin or that indeed he would score the goals to give QPR a promotion challenge if he stayed and so would take whatever is offered rather than risk him going for free next summer.

As a test, I think QPR should offer Wolves £8M, £9M & £10M for Afobe and see how they respond.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                            If it were up to me, his price would have been £20M and a deadline set for 24th July to get the deal done or he sees out his contract or January if no hope of promotion.
                            This all day long

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                              No it doesn't. I suggests we know the value of a player with only one year left on his contract. I don't understand how this fact seems so complicated for some people.

He's had one (albeit good) year in the Premiership so its still a gamble for clubs to pay much more than that. I think a realistic price is going to be £10-12m. Someone might get desperate towards the end of the transfer window but I'd be surprised if we get a lot more than that...
                              You might have a point there about only 1 season in the Prem, but Austin has scored everywhere he has been and in all honesty he looks like a genuine natural goal scorer and will score as many if not more next season and the season after that.

As for not playing for England, Clyne has far less competition for the RB position with only Walker (injured) Johnson (inconsistent) and Jones Smalling (out of position) or Jenkinson to compete against.

Comment

Working...
                              X