• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"“I was brushing my teeth in a different time zone"

Wow. He must have long arms.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
      I agree that we wanted Redkrapp out. We also know that his knees had no real bearing on the decision. and In also understand why TF wants longevity etc. However, just because the players like Ramsey it isn’t enough of a reason to appoint him.

After Francis resigned, in 94, the players liked Wilkins , he was a nice guy and had ideas etc, but he was a terrible manager (only Ferdinand’s goals disguised that major flaw and kept QPR on form). I really fear that this could end in disaster. Ramsey is a coach and maybe even a good one at that, who can develop these 18,19, 20 year olds, but can he actually manage a team? On the evidence of last season, I would categorically say no.
      categorically is a bit strong.

however you read adel's dirty laundry airing and barton's bad eggs stuff, it's clear that there were problems with the squad and the factionalisation (that red chap reckoned he'd got rid of) was still rife. ramsey was using red chap's squad... he produced (in the main) far better performances away from home (although given that we hadn't picked up a single point before his appointment, improvement wouldn't be difficult), but not so great performances at home. he improved some players hugely.

ok, he played karl henry in some odd positions and didn't provide enough cover for furlong in a couple of games. there's question marks about some of what he does, but categorically unable to manage a team? we'll see...

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
        I didnt actually say that was the only reason.....
        That's correct you didnt. You also said he wantrd a coach who could devolp young players and wanted longevity.
        The thing is Ramsey is a coach but he has looked far from convincing as a manager. It may or may not have beendown to who was available for him , but QPR got relegated in a very embarrassing manner.
        All i can do is hope that he can prove me and other doubters wrong but right now I think QPR are destined for another long hard season (or tge next 3 if he sees out his contract) struggling near the bootom of the Championship whilst he struggles to develop young players.

Comment

Originally posted by A Man Without A Clue View Post
          Here's the thing, if Fernandes wasn't going to let Harry try to buy his way out of trouble he should have just sacked him earlier. You can file this under Fernandes' fck ups. Getting thick that one.
          Totally agree.
          For me the worst thing tgat happened last season was beating Villa then Leicester and Burnley at home. Those wins stopped Redkrapp from getting what he deserved...the sack.

Comment

Working...
          X