No announcement yet.

Austin worth 20 Million if not more??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bournemouth have agreed an 8M fee for Tyrone Mings from Ipswich & we are struggling to get 15M for the fourth top goalscorer in the Premier League?!?!?!

Comment

It shouldn't really matter what we paid for him its what he is worth now, some on here seem happy enough to accept 10, 12, 13m for him but imo that's way too low and why should we, if you have the likes of Andy Carroll that Liverpool paid 35m for and I think West Ham took him for 15m, Benteke being priced at 32m and Mc Cormack of Fulham bought for 10-11m then surely our valuation needs to be around the 20m mark easily. Austin seems like a decent person and I wouldn't want the club to stand in his way of furthering his career and with the chance of playing at the euros but im sorry if no one matches our valuation then he should stay, if we are in with a shout come January then all well and good if not let him go then.

Comment

Anything over £10 m is a bonus. We paid 4.

Comment

It's a Load of paper rubbish. Charlie has already said he won't Be kicking up a fuss and completely respects the club for taking a punt on him.
          15 mill is more than fair for a striker who scored 18 goals in the premier league last year. Let's all remember it's June at, and the window is open for another 10 or so weeks.
          A few of the clubs will be testing the waters with cheeky bids and this one might go very close to the deadline. Far from ideal but we've all seen what it's like during these windows now.

Unfortunately these bigger deals tend to get strung out. I still think Charlie wil go the club just ain't being bullied into dropping their trousers. Again to me it shows we are learning our lessons.

Comment

Originally posted by The Legendary No. 10 View Post
            It shouldn't really matter what we paid for him its what he is worth now, some on here seem happy enough to accept 10, 12, 13m for him but imo that's way too low and why should we, if you have the likes of Andy Carroll that Liverpool paid 35m for and I think West Ham took him for 15m, Benteke being priced at 32m and Mc Cormack of Fulham bought for 10-11m then surely our valuation needs to be around the 20m mark easily. Austin seems like a decent person and I wouldn't want the club to stand in his way of furthering his career and with the chance of playing at the euros but im sorry if no one matches our valuation then he should stay, if we are in with a shout come January then all well and good if not let him go then.
            Absolutely spot on!
            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

He has a very impressive record. But the price will be lower what he's worth because he's on his last year and we are only a mid-table Championship club.

Comment

Originally posted by JOYCEY View Post
                Bournemouth have agreed an 8M fee for Tyrone Mings from Ipswich & we are struggling to get 15M for the fourth top goalscorer in the Premier League?!?!?!
                I just saw that, I wonder if clubs may be waiting for us to get hit with our FFP fine then see if we are desperate to sell for a lower price to raise cash?

Comment

You don't sell a brand new Ferrari at half the price of other Ferraris. If a Premiership side wants an 18 goal a season PROVEN Premiership goal Scorer (in what was an otherwise poor side) it will have to be £25m +! If its Chelsea we start talking £35m+!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X