Ted you made my hairs stand on end
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
QPR To Mark The 40th Anniversary Of Our Greatest Ever Team.
Collapse
X
-
-
They were a fantastic team, I was fortunate to see them play, the football was unbelievable at pace, skill, our attacking options were frightening,
Parkes,Clement,McLintock,Webb,Gillard- Hollins,Mason,Francis,Thomas,-Bowles,Givens, and I think Mick Leach was sub for something like 36 out of the 42 games played? only 2 players were uncapped by their country that was Webb & Leach,
Think Gerrys goal in the first game of the season against Liverpool (how ironic as they went on to nick the title from us)won goal of the seasonComment
-
ill
ill never forget the norwich away game there was thousands of qpr fans who had all got drunk all the way up to norwich
many didnt even make the match,i was so very drunk how i got into the stadium i dont know
but it was too be the most sadest day we all knew that game had cost us the league and we were all so sad,the norich
police didnt even stop rangers fans smashing up the pubs
it was completely out of control fortunately knowbody seemed to get badley hurt,it was all over the top
BUT SO VERY PAINFULLComment
-
Top story, that Leeds game away cost us aswellill never forget the norwich away game there was thousands of qpr fans who had all got drunk all the way up to norwich
many didnt even make the match,i was so very drunk how i got into the stadium i dont know
but it was too be the most sadest day we all knew that game had cost us the league and we were all so sad,the norich
police didnt even stop rangers fans smashing up the pubs
it was completely out of control fortunately knowbody seemed to get badley hurt,it was all over the top
BUT SO VERY PAINFULLYou RsssssssComment
-
saw a massive canvas version of the team picture as the prime window display of an art shop near Brick Lane.
would've bought it but not old enough to have seen that team live.Rangers Til I Die
follow me at twitter.com/arthurqprComment
-
stupid question all, but is the fella that does Kick Up The Rs the same as the winger from the 75/76 squad?Rangers Til I Die
follow me at twitter.com/arthurqprComment
-
And most of them stayed fit throughout-we didn't use that many players. The '67 team that walked the Third and won at Wembley was fun too, not in the same league of course but inspired my interest in the game for life.Comment
-
I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley BowlesComment
-
I was at Norwich too Ted.ill never forget the norwich away game there was thousands of qpr fans who had all got drunk all the way up to norwich
many didnt even make the match,i was so very drunk how i got into the stadium i dont know
but it was too be the most sadest day we all knew that game had cost us the league and we were all so sad,the norich
police didnt even stop rangers fans smashing up the pubs
it was completely out of control fortunately knowbody seemed to get badley hurt,it was all over the top
BUT SO VERY PAINFULL
Beautiful assessment of the team but surely Terry Venables deserves a mention? I thought he played quite a few matches that season.
Edit: Just looked at my old Leeds programme and Ted's memory is better than mine! No Venables that season.Last edited by dsqpr; 25-06-2015, 07:53 PM.'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.Comment
Comment