X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am very concerned - squad size

We only have;

2 keepers - Green & McCarthy (1 needed)

5 defenders - Hill, Caulker, Onuoha, Suk-Young & Traore (at least 4 more needed)

8 Midfielders - Phillips (staying?), Henry (re-signing?),Hoillet, Fer (staying?), Sandro (???), Luongo, Gladwin & now Mackie (before departures 2 more needed)

2 Forwards - Austin (soon to go) & JET (3 needed)

A total squad of 17 (plus possibly the youngsters Greco-Cox, Doughty, Ehmer and Furlong)

That looks extremely, worryingly, thin!!!

Bear in mind the extra games in the Championship and no 25 man restriction boy do we need some extra resource!!!

At least 10 more players and pronto.(plus replacements for any further leavers)

This has all the hallmarks of another disaster and I am completely not taken in by the "new world" mantra. We have had 11 leavers so far and have recruited just 4. (if Mackie goes ahead) with bigger squads in the Championship we are woefully short of numbers and the season is 6/7 weeks away.

Please please lets not go into another season with just a couple of forwards, the successful clubs have at least 5 we surely can't fall into that trap again, can we?

Come on Les get your finger out or we will struggle to stay in this division let alone contend for promotion!
    oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

June 16th

#JustSaying

Comment

Only 2 weeks or so until they return to pre season and start to try and jel as a squad.

Prepare for end of August last minutes and at least 4 loanees.

#justfearingtheworst
      oldhoop

Comment

strangely excited for the coming season. Got a bit of pace in the side and more signings to come. Keep the faith fella, in Sir Les we trust
        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
        This morning's tempest I have to cross
        I must be guided without a stumble
        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
          June 16th

#JustSaying

Comment

Don't worry just yet Oldhoop, plenty of time to get some more out and many more in
            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I am quite impressed with business so far, both in and out. Plenty of time yet.

Comment

why does everyone think we've got plenty of time? Pre season in a couple of weeks and we need to recruit an entire team!

Smacks a bit of Blackpool revisited to me! (where did they finish?)
                oldhoop

Comment

What a knee jerk from the ol fella, would imagine until we get some transfer money in from the likes of Austin Fer or Phillips we won't see an increase in activity. 4 in by the middle of June is a cracking start, relax yourself
                  Btw, I thought you had flounced off to LFW in a huff?!?! Welcome back ;)
                  From the Hills of Kerry
                  To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Early days. And we've already done much better than in the previous transfer window
                    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Chill pill required

Comment

Me? Flounce?

Never!

Just spreading the love!
                        oldhoop

Comment

Originally posted by The Merry Ploughboy View Post
                          What a knee jerk from the ol fella, would imagine until we get some transfer money in from the likes of Austin Fer or Phillips we won't see an increase in activity. 4 in by the middle of June is a cracking start, relax yourself
                          !?! Welcome back ;)

This is the biggest recruitment R's have ever had to do so the task is much, much greater than anything ever experienced.

I cannot remember 11 players leaving before the end of June and we would all agree that there is probably at least 3 more offski. (also will Henry re sign and will we ever see Sandro again?)

So to get 14-18 players in (I still maintain we will need a squad of at least 28) is a massive shout.

I question whether the club is set up to do this - effectively, efficiently and in a timely manner with an inexperienced manager and DoF? That's all!
                          oldhoop

Comment

SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                              Nothing intelligent to say then Nick?
                              oldhoop

Comment

Working...
                              X