Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you think we will set up next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you think we will set up next year?

At the moment I don't think we will be 4 4 2, I have a feeling we might be 4 2 3 1 or 4 3 3.

Something like this

McCarthy/ Green

new rb Caulker onohua yun

Gladwin Sandro/Henry

Phillips Luango/Morrison New Lw

New striker

How would people feel if we went into the championship with something like that. I know things can change ect or do you think we should be looking to set up 4 4 2 with two quick wingers and maybe a little and large combo up top?

Its pointless guessing until we have a rough idea of who is actually staying and who is going. Cant really discuss formations until we know what players we have to fit them. I would say that if we sign Morrison then we may go for a 4-2-3-1 with Ravel behind the striker or 4-3-3 with ravel part of a central 3. Also would say that Gladwin is more of an attacking player, I think he is regarded as more attacking than Luongo so maybe swap them round. Luongo is a box to box type midfielder whereas Gladwin (i think) is more a of luxury type CAM/LW/RW

Comment

I think Ramsey's default formation will be 4-3-3 next season.

Comment

Fair point Hove. I know its hard to really say atm as there will be a few more ins and outs to come.

Interesting to see your thoughts on gladwin and luango as I was led to believe gladwin was one of those players who can play in a host of positions acroos the midfield. Always handy having a player like that.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
          Fair point Hove. I know its hard to really say atm as there will be a few more ins and outs to come.

Interesting to see your thoughts on gladwin and luango as I was led to believe gladwin was one of those players who can play in a host of positions acroos the midfield. Always handy having a player like that.
          Ive only based it on the few times Ive seen them play and remember what this Swinson fan said also:

Originally posted by swindon1879 View Post
          Just thought I'd give you a heads up on your new signings:

Ben Gladwin - I guarantee he'll be one of the oddest footballers you've ever seen.

Positives: He has the build of a centre-half, but his feet are fantastic; looks slow and languorous on first impression, but glides past players as if they weren't there. If he can isolate a player, he'll beat them 90% of the time. He has a great cross, and if he can cut inside, an absolute bullet of a shot that hits the target more often than not. His rate of progression since signing from non-league has been remarkable.

Negatives: Not great in the tackle or in the air, despite his size, and fitness must improve (he'll be outstanding one half, then start puffing and disappear in the next). His best performances have come from left wing, and I think his first season you'll chiefly use him off the bench.

Massimo Luongo

Positives: Much closer to the finished article. Decent passer, technically gifted on the ball, good in the tackle, and strong for his size (rarely gets pushed off the ball). Though he's quiet and unassuming off the field, when he's on song on it, he can dominate and dictate a game. His best attribute by far is his ability to punch holes through the opposition midfield; sometimes he looks like he could walk through a team at will.

Negatives: Can go missing, and has very much been playing within himself since returning from the Asian Cup. Never showed any attitude issues before, but been extremely disappointing for us second half of the year, especially having seen what he was capable of in the first. Will no doubt return to form now he's got his move, and will be a first-teamer for you for sure.

I think, overall, it's a good move for all parties: for us (think it's a record fee), for the players (jumping straight to the Premiership might have been too big a leap), and for you (you have two very exciting young players).

Best of luck next season,

STFC1879

Comment

Depends who we buy.

Comment

interchanging between 4-1-3-2 and 4-1-2-2-1
              Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 12-06-2015, 03:56 PM.

Comment

McCarthy
                NewRB Onuoha Caulker Yun
                Sandro Gladwin
                NewRM Luongo newLM
                NewSTR
                "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Gladwin in no way a holding midfielder, more likely to be 4-1-4-1 in my opinion
                  McCarthy
                  Furlong caulks chief Yun
                  Henry
                  Phillips luonogo Morrison Gladwin
                  A striker
                  Is the line up Ramsey will set out to play
                  From the Hills of Kerry
                  To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Originally posted by The Merry Ploughboy View Post
                    Gladwin in no way a holding midfielder, more likely to be 4-1-4-1 in my opinion
                    McCarthy
                    Furlong caulks chief Yun
                    Henry
                    Phillips luonogo Morrison Gladwin
                    A striker
                    Is the line up Ramsey will set out to play
                    If we signed a decent striker like Rhodes or afobe that would be a very good team. With the option to go 4 4 2 with that as well in certain games. I like the look of that team.

Comment

That team is ok but what about the 6 players we are expecting by the end of June? I would hope most/all of them are 1st team quality plus we dont know who is leaving yet. There could even be 3 of that team that leave. Dont think Furlong is ready to be 1st choice yet either

Comment

Independent R's are claiming we have released Henry. Surprised at that
                        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                        This morning's tempest I have to cross
                        I must be guided without a stumble
                        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Working...
                        X