Charlie Austin will cost AT LEAST £15m insist QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie Austin will cost AT LEAST £15m insist QPR

Relegated Hoops accept England striker also being eyed by West Ham, Aston Villa and Southampton will go this summer but are holding out for the best price.

QPR have warned Newcastle they will not sell them Charlie Austin for less than £15million.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...r-cost-5840465
    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

I'm sorry if I'm boring you all with my obsession with the Charlie Austin situation. But here is what I fear: we will sell him to Newcastle or whomever for £15m, he will score 18 goals for them next season, exactly what he did for us this season, and they will sell him on a year later for £30m. And the difference between what we got and what they get will be us getting mugged off yet again.

We have been mugs in the transfer market and now everybody treats us like mugs, as evinced by the pitiful numbers being bandied around for Charlie. They assume that even if we posture up a little bit we will eventually revert to type and be mugs again. We need to eliminate that perception once and for all and this is our chance to do it - by not accepting one penny less than Charlie's realistic VALUE, which is substantially more than £15m! If we hang onto him and have him bang in goals for us for another season, that is fine. Perhaps his goals will fire us into the Premier League again and then we will be able to try to sign him again along with everybody else. But at the end of the day, of all the clubs who said they wanted him, and who may have been relegated or just missed out on Europe over next season for lack of a good goalscorer, ONLY ONE will get to sign him for nothing next summer. And ALL THE OTHERS will realize they missed an opportunity and, more importantly, they will realize that we can no longer be taken for mugs.

I know I'm fighting a lonely battle but I've just been reading Stephen Bungay's excellent book about the Battle of Britain so I'm inspired to soldier on against all odds. Kurt where are you?!
    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
      I'm sorry if I'm boring you all with my obsession with the Charlie Austin situation. But here is what I fear: we will sell him to Newcastle or whomever for £15m, he will score 18 goals for them next season, exactly what he did for us this season, and they will sell him on a year later for £30m. And the difference between what we got and what they get will be us getting mugged off yet again.

We have been mugs in the transfer market and now everybody treats us like mugs, as evinced by the pitiful numbers being bandied around for Charlie. They assume that even if we posture up a little bit we will eventually revert to type and be mugs again. We need to eliminate that perception once and for all and this is our chance to do it - by not accepting one penny less than Charlie's realistic VALUE, which is substantially more than £15m! If we hang onto him and have him bang in goals for us for another season, that is fine. Perhaps his goals will fire us into the Premier League again and then we will be able to try to sign him again along with everybody else. But at the end of the day, of all the clubs who said they wanted him, and who may have been relegated or just missed out on Europe over next season for lack of a good goalscorer, ONLY ONE will get to sign him for nothing next summer. And ALL THE OTHERS will realize they missed an opportunity and, more importantly, they will realize that we can no longer be taken for mugs.

I know I'm fighting a lonely battle but I've just been reading Stephen Bungay's excellent book about the Battle of Britain so I'm inspired to soldier on against all odds. Kurt where are you?!
      Here here ! Great post

Comment

When Charlie goes, would there be any way we could put a sell on clause into the contract?
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Agree with DS 100%

We should set the price and make Charlie and his agent aware of this price so there can be no misunderstandings. Be quite clear he does not go for less and tell his agent if you can get a club to pay X amount we will sell if you cant then he stays. Puts the ball very much in the agents court to get a deal done at price agreeable with us

Comment

The difference between the £15m and £30m will alos have an element in it relating to years of contract left though. He has one year remaining so £15m would be good. Look at the Danny Ings situation to see how we could really lose out.

Comment

See what you're saying mate but on the flip side he coudl go there & totally flop & be worth £5m in a year.

To be honest, you can value him at anything depending on what you benchmark his value against (ie could say if Carroll went for £35m then Austin is worth that!) but in reality he has had 1 great season, we have seen plenty of players flop in their second season. Not for a minute saying I think he will, as I don't, but that's how other clubs will see it. Plus he only has 1 year left on his contract. All in all I will be happy if we get £15m for him, but much less than that & I will be gutted as I think we will have been shafted. Can't see us getting much more than £15m though tbh.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Agree entirely with original post ... I believe anyway that the story in the mirror today is just old news being regurgitated ..

Why this figure of 15 and then maybe accepting 12 ...

Why did les not mention 25 mill instead ... Set our stall out from the start ...

10 mill almost now seems to be the accepted amount

Comment

He is southern so I think he will choose Southampton. Their football also suits him. Will get good service to score goals.
                  QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

AT LEAST £15m insist QPR.
                    Ha ha, 10 million it is then.
                    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Also I hope any deal for Charlie Austin involve a clause receiving some money in case he plays in Champions League (in case he moves to one of the top four later).
                      QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

15 million is more than fair and actually if we get that we should give the club some credit. All this talk of 20 mill plus is rubbish. You have to look at the hard facts and she you do it makes sense. The same way we all know 10 mill is to low.

Charlie's got 1 year left on us deal which means clubs can pick up at 26 years old for free next year. It's his first season in the prem and he's done exceptionally well and although I think whoever he goes too he will score know one can say on here in prem league terms he's done it in the top flight consistently. He's also not a established international and spent most of his career in the lower leagues bar one season in the prem.

The most a striker from the championship has gone for is 11 mill and I believe he had a much longer length of contract as well.

To hold on for 15-18 mill is great business by the club as it will also show us who's seriously interested. Newcastle, palace, Southampton would all have to smash their transfer records to get Charlie and that will test their resolve and financial budgets. It leaves us in a win win situation in my opinion. Good on the club. To moan over 15 mill plus for Charlie is ridiculous.

Comment

All the Bollo(ks about not letting him go on the cheap, until the last day of the window and we're forced to sell for about £10M, without being able to get a replacement, as Remy did! we really need to grow a pair and say to his agent if this isn't sorted by 1st August he stays until January, sorry but he cant leave us short, and teams will wait until as late as possible knowing he wants to leave and will go for nowhere near what we're asking for, the club really need to make a stand here,if our board can write off £60M debt they can make sure we keep him by paying until Jan and without letting him go for nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                            When Charlie goes, would there be any way we could put a sell on clause into the contract?
                            That's the only way to do it.

Comment

Because he would have had 2 seasons scoring 18 goals and is in a longer contract than we have him in now

Comment

Working...
                              X