QPR collect £65M parachute payments for coming last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR collect £65M parachute payments for coming last

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/barclays-pre...eague-revenue?

Not too bad

So have the PL made this payment already or are we due it still?

Comment

Most of it will be used to balance our books I guess.
      QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Installments I bet. Not bad for being the sh!ttest team in the league.

Comment

That's a massive amount, transfer kitty gone up a bit.

Comment

Reckon it would've be factored in already
            I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

Its not all in one go , paid over three seasons i think

Comment

Isn't it even more next season (or soon) after the latest Sky deal went through the roof?? I know all the prem teams get a little "bonus" next season cos Norwich have come straight back up and the parachute money they would have got in coming 3 years is now added to the pot shared out to the prem clubs. You'd think they'd prem would have the brains to think y'know what? We're sloshing in money anyway so why not divvy up the saved parachute money to the Championship clubs but nah, they pocket that too!? I mean, a £million or two to Rotherham would be life changing but it wouldn't even cover the prawn sandwich bill at Scum.

Comment

But the money is slowly filtering down, because of these payments clubs that come down spend on other players outside the top division , so the smaller clubs are starting to benefit. There is also a willingness to blood young prem league talent from smaller clubs in the championship now, hence making this league stronger and stronger.

Comment

Good job Bagpuss isn't here to waste it.

Comment

That's our income for the season 2014/15. With around £17m of other income, if past accounts are anything to go by, it will not even cover the wage bill.

Another loss making Premier League season.

Comment

when they spin how great it is that the prem have secured a billion trillion whatever it is deal with sky it is spin. At the end of the day we all pay for the deal through the ever increasing sky subs and its only the players who benefit from it by bagging multi millions. Most clubs only break even . what is the point??

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
                          when they spin how great it is that the prem have secured a billion trillion whatever it is deal with sky it is spin. At the end of the day we all pay for the deal through the ever increasing sky subs and its only the players who benefit from it by bagging multi millions. Most clubs only break even . what is the point??
                          This is the big problem, need a wage cap which would solve many issues but they won't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
                            Very true, what also amazes me is that clubs that have been in the premier league for eternity and therefore picking up sky money every year and are generally well run like Everton and Villa who haven't blown away money on new stadiums are completely skint unable to compete with the top clubs and always appear in need of a sugar daddy to bail em out, thus reinforcing your "what is the point".

Comment

Parachute Payments

http://www.london24.com/sport/footba...lubs_1_4097574

Comment

Working...
                              X