Wish we kept Barton now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish we kept Barton now.

The board probably have there own ideas for the future, but JB should have stayed!!
    We had to cut the wage bill, but Barton gave his all this season.

He did well this season but we need a fresh start.

Comment

The plank singlehandedly hammered more nails into our relegation coffin than anyone else with his red card at Hull.

Comment

We would have been down anyway red card or not. That win didn't save Hull either. We didn't go down because we lost Hull and Joey was sent off. We went down because we were poor whole season. But,that red card was stupid from Joey

Comment

Originally posted by ArticHoop View Post
          We would have been down anyway red card or not. That win didn't save Hull either. We didn't go down because we lost Hull and Joey was sent off. We went down because we were poor whole season. But,that red card was stupid from Joey
          Its all about momentum, ask Leicester. We had picked up our first win away at Sunderland in the previous game. There was 3 points for the taking at Hull.

Barton missed Half of the Hull game and the next three matches too. Club captain missing for 10% of the season and meant we had to play with Henry and the weak and unfit Sandro in the middle for those games. The momentum died the very second that he slapped Huddlestone in the nads.

Comment

Joeys probably getting to greedy, and did not want to lose any dosh. Has MYU said time to move on with new recruits and fresh young talent
            You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Toninho View Post
              Its all about momentum, ask Leicester. We had picked up our first win away at Sunderland in the previous game. There was 3 points for the taking at Hull.

Barton missed Half of the Hull game and the next three matches too. Club captain missing for 10% of the season and meant we had to play with Henry and the weak and unfit Sandro in the middle for those games. The momentum died the very second that he slapped Huddlestone in the nads.
              no sure one win means momentum... we went down because we picked up 5 points from a possible 39 between christmas day and good friday.

Comment

Some people are ####ing deluded . Joey Barton is dog ####

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
                  no sure one win means momentum... we went down because we picked up 5 points from a possible 39 between christmas day and good friday.
                  Would have been two wins in quick succession, which would have helped build some momentum.

Joey's temper cost us a chance to do that. Top captaining.

Comment

Barton's crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Toninho View Post
                      The plank singlehandedly hammered more nails into our relegation coffin than anyone else with his red card at Hull.
                      we played much better when he got sent off

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
                        The board probably have there own ideas for the future, but JB should have stayed!!
                        We had to cut the wage bill, but Barton gave his all this season.
                        Christ!

We've been absolute dog-shite in the last 4 years that Barton has been here and he's Captain. Got a lot to answer for.

We're down and he's a big part of it. Delighted he's off the wage bill and haven't got to put up with his off field nonsense embarrassing my club anymore.

Comment

We are starting again, new management new ethics
                          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Barton's in the same camp as Mackie for me. Yes he puts his body on the line and gives it everything when he's not seeing red, but he's often lacking the basics. We need CMs who can get the ball down and play quick short passes and keep the ball moving. He often slowed the play down in general allowing teams to get men behind the ball, went for too many long diagonal balls and gave the ball away far too easily at times. No doubt about it, he had some decent games where he was a key motivator, but that isn't enough in the premiership. I do wish him good luck wherever he goes next, however I look forward to seeing new blood in the middle of the park.

Comment

Passion and guts but far too dodgy for me in the way he plays, always on the ball too long in his own half and 9/10 times gets tackled or kicks in straight to the opposition, this was the case in the championship too. He'd also probably want a very high wage, even if it is lower than what he was on before.
                              "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Working...
                              X