Surprised we didn't go for Yaser Kasim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surprised we didn't go for Yaser Kasim

I watched Swindon's games against SUFC and PNE and he looked a real class. Very composed on the ball and since we've released Barton, he would have been a great replacement IMO. And he is only 24. He looked far more composed on the ball than Henry and a good passer of the ball. Good height and good mobility as well.

I'm also surprised that we are buying players form League One but aren't going for Conor Hourihane. The boy is getting rave reviews. He is only 24 and had 13 Goals and 15 Assists this season that too from midfield!

NB: I saw some are asking for Rhodes - well he is on 42k/w (main reason Blackburn making a loss over 15m+/yr) in addition to his 10m+ fee. If he makes a sideways move that will be definitely for better wages, so do you want a Championship striker on 50k/w?

Originally posted by Sky's ruined PL View Post
    I watched Swindon's games against SUFC and PNE and he looked a real class. Very composed on the ball and since we've released Barton, he would have been a great replacement IMO. And he is only 24. He looked far more composed on the ball than Henry and a good passer of the ball. Good height and good mobility as well.

I'm also surprised that we are buying players form League One but aren't going for Conor Hourihane. The boy is getting rave reviews. He is only 24 and had 13 Goals and 15 Assists this season that too from midfield!

NB: I saw some are asking for Rhodes - well he is on 42k/w (main reason Blackburn making a loss over 15m+/yr) in addition to his 10m+ fee. If he makes a sideways move that will be definitely for better wages, so do you want a Championship striker on 50k/w?
    With regards to the first point, Luongo and Gladwin have been better this season and are both younger and are more box to box than Yaser from what I've seen. As for Conour Hourihane, I doubt that we are done with transfers from the league just yet. Assuming we don't keep Leroy and Sandro, that leaves us with a potential cm of Faurlin, Henry, Diakite and Doughty. Hardly screams longevity.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Luongo is a CAM and Gladwin is probably a replacement for Fer who is box-to-box midfielder. Yaser-Kasim is a deep lying playmaker - so they are playing in 3 different positions.

As for being younger, well Yaser just turned 24 this month while Gladwin will be 23 in a week or two and Luongo will be 23 in Spet. So not much younger, or am I missing something?

As for Faurlin, Henry, Diakite and Doughty - As much as I like Faurlin, he is only 1 tackle away from being in the treatment room again. Diakite, don't know whether he has any future in the club. Henry, as I said not a good passer of the ball. And finally Doughty, I personally think he isn't ready yet and need another loan move.

Comment

Luongo is a CAM and Gladwin is probably a replacement for Fer who is box-to-box midfielder. Yaser-Kasim is a deep lying playmaker - so they are playing in 3 different positions.

As for being younger, well Yaser just turned 24 this month while Gladwin will be 23 in a week or two and Luongo will be 23 in Spet. So not much younger, or am I missing something?

As for Faurlin, Henry, Diakite and Doughty - As much as I like Faurlin, he is only 1 tackle away from being in the treatment room again. Diakite, don't know whether he has any future in the club. Henry, as I said not a good passer of the ball. And finally Doughty, I personally think he isn't ready yet and need another loan move.
        Henry is our best passer of the ball this season other than rio so you're quite off the mark with that there. Yaser Kasim is someone who is a good player but not needed by any stretch of the imagination. What we lacked for a long period of time was someone taking the ball into the box. Luongo and Gladwin are both players more than capable of doing that. At this level, deep lying ball players just need to play it a few metres forward and the options we have already seem good enough for that relative to the attacking and box to box midfield position. There is no way Swindon would have sold 3 players in midfield and I would definitely rather get these two than Kasim
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Maybe we should sign all Swindons players? We could then call ourselves Swindon Town?

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            Henry is our best passer of the ball this season other than rio so you're quite off the mark with that there. Yaser Kasim is someone who is a good player but not needed by any stretch of the imagination. What we lacked for a long period of time was someone taking the ball into the box. Luongo and Gladwin are both players more than capable of doing that. At this level, deep lying ball players just need to play it a few metres forward and the options we have already seem good enough for that relative to the attacking and box to box midfield position. There is no way Swindon would have sold 3 players in midfield and I would definitely rather get these two than Kasim
            Henry can't pass for toffee let alone being the best passer. He is no where near Niko, Burton and Sandro. I don't count 5 yards sideways and backward passes as passing ability.
            Anyway, not interested in talking about this anymore.

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
            Maybe we should sign all Swindons players? We could then call ourselves Swindon Town?
            You're right. Buying 3 players from Swindon, a League One club, is somewhat madness. Personally, I'd have loved Conor Hourihane (Barnsley) or Luke Freeman (Bristol City) instead of Luongo and taken Yaser Kasim from them. But that's not likely to happen.

Comment

Henry can't pass for toffee let alone being the best passer. He is no where near Niko, Burton and Sandro. I don't count 5 yards sideways and backward passes as passing ability.
              Anyway, not interested in talking about this anymore.

You're right. Buying 3 players from Swindon, a League One club, is somewhat madness. Personally, I'd have loved Conor Hourihane (Barnsley) or Luke Freeman (Bristol City) instead of Luongo and taken Yaser Kasim from them. But that's not likely to happen.
              Henry has an 80% Pass success, fer has a 79%, kranjcar has a 77%, barton has 73.3% and sandro has the lowest pass success rate in the league for midfielders with 73%

Comment

That would be a good way for the ST players to win promotion.

Comment

someone on another thread was on about their rightback as well byrne.

#swindonparkrangers
                  nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Henry has an 80% Pass success, fer has a 79%, kranjcar has a 77%, barton has 73.3% and sandro has the lowest pass success rate in the league for midfielders with 73%
                    Slapped down by the statto
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

TBF 80% is awful if all you are doing is passing 3 yards sideways. Xavi does it and I bet he has something like 99% (Obviously Xavi is on a different planet to Henry, but you get my drift). Stats are good, but sometimes they mean nothing.
                      @chrisrobson9

Comment

There's lies, damn lies & statistics.
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Henry isn't a good passer of the ball, it's not his job. His job is to break up play and play it simple to the more talented players to create.

Unfortunately the 'more talented' player creating would normally be Joey Barton and his 60 yard searching pass would normally fly out for a goal kick.

Comment

Henry isn't a good passer of the ball, it's not his job. His job is to break up play and play it simple to the more talented players to create.

Unfortunately the 'more talented' player creating would normally be Joey Barton and his 60 yard searching pass would normally fly out for a goal kick.
                            Exactly. Why don't we talk about his actual job? Tackling? Have we got a better tackler in the midfield? I don't think so.
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Chill, guys, we can't go for every promising player out there.
                              Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                              but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Working...
                              X