Lambert + 15m?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
    Without a doubt. £15m alone is the most I would expect we could realistically get. If we get that, plus a decent striker in return, would certainly take that.

However, I can't see Liverpool coming in for him. Think it'll more likely be the likes of Palace, Everton, Newcastle etc.
    Spot on. Add Southampton to that list too I'd say.

Comment

Lambert as a replacement for Bobby would be better

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
        But then we have to fall in line with FFP dont we? That includes money spent on wages.
        We certainly do ginger but the rules have been made much more lenient for related clubs from the prem to the championship. Add the fact that we just cleared around 400k a week with the released players and if we can sell the likes of adel, junior and traore and possibly Sandro we would of done a hell of a job to abide by FFP this time and will have some money to spend wages on a decent striker or two.

Comment

I don't think signing over-the-hill players is the way to go forward. It's time we started planing for the future, a team that will be ready for the PL with only couple of good additions.

Comment

Lambert is of a certain age but what a coup for any club in the championship. I am all for making sure we spend most of the funds on up and coming talent and mid 20's who are tried ad tested. But would be very naive to write off every over 30 player as some still offer a lot.

What QPR need to is get the balance right. Instead of having 12 plus over 30's we need to bring this down to 4or 5 tops and replenish the squad with fresher players. But passing up a player like lambert would be crazy as long as the other stokers we brought In were younger and have a bit of speed.

Comment

Blackburn Forest and Leeds all had transfer embargoes imposed last season for failing to comply with FFP rules the previous season, so if we are sticking around in the championship for a few seasons we need to watch our wages costs or we will face a possible embargo the following season.

Comment

Sounds like good business for all parties to me!

Comment

I'd take 15m & no Lambert! Lambert isn't the kind of player QPR need, is he hungry enough? I don't thimk so
                  Under Les Ferdinand:
                  Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                  Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                  Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                  Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                  And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

If it's only Palace and Newcastle interested we won't get more than £9M
                    I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                      NO!

Firstly, it does not fit our stated plan of recruiting YOUNG PLAYERS from the LOWER LEAGUES.

Secondly, his wage expectations would be far more than we should be willing to pay.

Thirdly, any transfer cost (in this case, the difference between what we want for Charlie and the cash they actually give us) needs to be included in the cost of having him as a player. e.g. Let's say we offer him a 2 year contract (rather than 3 because of his age) and we want £20m for Charlie but they give us £15m plus Lambert. That makes the cost of bringing in Lambert £5m, or approximately £50k per week. Add that to his weekly wages and you have the cost of having Lambert in our squad. We can haggle over the exact numbers but the cost is not zero because there is no reason for Liverpool to let him go for free.
                      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by Pie & mash View Post
                        If it's only Palace and Newcastle interested we won't get more than £9M
                        If nobody offers us what we want then Charlie stays here for another year. Simple.
                        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Remy failed the medical at Liverpool, so not sure what would happen with Charlie.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                            we want £20m for Charlie but they give us £15m plus Lambert. That makes the cost of bringing in Lambert £5m.
                            So what other proven International, PL and Championship striker would you be able to buy for £5m?

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                              Remy failed the medical at Liverpool, so not sure what would happen with Charlie.
                              Yeah but "sicknote" Sturridge passed their medical too... I reckon they know Sturridge is shot so they basically need two strikers so I suspect they will be keen on Charlie.

Comment

No over 30 players. We already have Clint, Faurlin, Henry and Green. So far, Green is still with us while the other three have been offered contacts.

Comment

Working...
                                X