Now that's over and done with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that's over and done with

hopefully people will calm down a bit. The situation we have now has similarities to when Ollie came in. He joined during a relegation season, could do nothing about it and we went down with a whimper. Went into final friendlies we had lost the bulk of our squad and I seem to remember had seven first teamers and a bunch of trialists.

Difference is Ollie was a character and an Rs legend so seemed to be given the kind of slack by fans that Ramsey isn't by some.

Our team was awful. Isla and Yun looked great going forwards at times but left flanks exposed. Our central defence was either slow, old guys, an inconsistent and error prone Caulker and the Chief. We had one good wide player and a good striker. Our central midfielders were tryers but lets face it for the Premiership standard were not good.

We go into the summer facing losing a large number of players out of contract (not a bad thing for most to be fair), probably the majority of genuinely decent ones and have FFP hanging over us to further hinder us.

With everything that has happened over the last couple of decades we should be used to turmoil. At least this time we have wealthy owners so some financial stability and they finally seem to be changing their methodology of simply throwing money at the club which simply doesn't work for a club out size. Ramsey isn't some big time Charlie and seems respected by players and within the game. How about giving it a chance?

Yes, the only tiny difference is that we have Ramsey now instead of Holloway.
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
      hopefully people will calm down a bit. The situation we have now has similarities to when Ollie came in. He joined during a relegation season, could do nothing about it and we went down with a whimper. Went into final friendlies we had lost the bulk of our squad and I seem to remember had seven first teamers and a bunch of trialists.

Difference is Ollie was a character and an Rs legend so seemed to be given the kind of slack by fans that Ramsey isn't by some.

Our team was awful. Isla and Yun looked great going forwards at times but left flanks exposed. Our central defence was either slow, old guys, an inconsistent and error prone Caulker and the Chief. We had one good wide player and a good striker. Our central midfielders were tryers but lets face it for the Premiership standard were not good.

We go into the summer facing losing a large number of players out of contract (not a bad thing for most to be fair), probably the majority of genuinely decent ones and have FFP hanging over us to further hinder us.

With everything that has happened over the last couple of decades we should be used to turmoil. At least this time we have wealthy owners so some financial stability and they finally seem to be changing their methodology of simply throwing money at the club which simply doesn't work for a club out size. Ramsey isn't some big time Charlie and seems respected by players and within the game. How about giving it a chance?
      I agree with the Ollie part he was and is a QPR man knew the value of being a QPR man so he scoured the market and brought in players that were QPR men not great players but good enough to create a backbone for the club , now in fairness to Ramsey there aren't any QPR men out there for him to bring in,
      But the last part that Ramsey has the respect of the players I have doubts about looking at the last half a dozen performances

Comment

Working...
      X