No announcement yet.

Beckford free agent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And if we did get him I can guarantee there will be many posters saying that we have bought an old league 1 player who is past it. Stuff like we haven't learnt and #rightsort would be bandied about as well.

Comment

At 31 no. He's a player that needs to be at the right club and in the right frame of mind to play his best football. He's doing that at Preston and would be to much of a gamble for us.

If Charlie's goes we must buy a Rhodes, Gayle or a afobe/Dicko.

I'd look at stevie May again will be worth double now from what we could of got him for 18 months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
        I'd look at stevie May again will be worth double now from what we could of got him for 18 months ago.
        7 goals in 39 games. Not good enough.

Comment

We need 3 or 4 strikers Jimmy - if we lose Charlie and Zamora we just have cox. We are not going to go out and buy 3 x Rhodes or gayles. We will be lucky to see 1 player of that calibre.
          Stevie May roughs defenders up and doesn't stop. Sometimes goals are reflective of chances created and got to say when seen him play for shed we'd he's been a handful. On some of the signings we need to lower expectation as we need so many new players .

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
            Do we have any scouts who know anything about football?
            No which is why QPR dont sign many decent young talent.

Comment

We don't have scouts.

Not really feeling Beckford, maybe if he'll take a short contract on 10-20k p/w. Need to think slightly outside the box rather than going for English flavour of the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                Do we have any scouts who know anything about football?
                i agree, Beckford is a good player with a bad attitude. We as punters have got no clue about up and coming talent if we are all honest. Surely our scouts must be able to get a player better, younger and hungrier than beckford. We are a prem / champ team after all.

Comment

Working...
                X