Start from the defence.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start from the defence.

Every successful team should be build around a solid defence. That was our worst department this season. With respect to all our defenders, we do have the most conceding defence in the Premier, not to mention the brilliant season Green had, being accredited with the most number of saves of all the Premier keepers! Imagine with a lesser quality keeper what it would looks like! We do mention Dunne, Caulker, Hill, Yun and Ned as being good. However, they were the core of our defence which conceded so many goals. So, CR must start first by steadying our defence. Take a look at Sunderland. I am sure they are not better then us, however, could we defend a game like they do? Could we go away and play a 0-0 draw? Not in a million years! We always seems to concede at one stage or another. Could by the system we played. By insisting we keep playing BZ as a second striker meant that we always loose the midfield as BZ cannot chase or tackle a player. So, we were always at a disadvantage. Like playing with ten men!
    Last edited by Martinmalta; 24-05-2015, 12:45 PM.

Ive always agreed with that tbf, start and build a team around a solid defence. But with the outgoings of players we have no strikers and very very very very very little creativity (only youth to cover, who Ramsey himself said dont look up to standard) so personally Id be happy to start anywhere, as long as they fit the bill lets start rebuilding.
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

There's very little between the bottom 5/6 prem league teams and the top 5/6 Championship sides now. Money drifting down now with parachute payments have meant the Championship has got a lot stronger over the years in my opinion, and now we are seeing the best youngsters given a go by championship clubs as well. I think we we are as good as Hull, Sunderland etc , its just very fine margins down there, injuries , suspensions don't help, Burnley could have quite easily stayed up also, next year i think a back four of (probably) McCarthy, Blood Furlong (with cover, Maybe give Harriman a go) Caulker, Ehmer (again with cover maybe Dunne or Hill) and Yun at the back would be a reasonably healthy back four for the second tier of football.

Comment

Working...
      X