Austin and Green are called up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JJB View Post
    Pleased for the bloke. If anybody had any hope he might of stayed well that has well and truly pissed on top of that.

Euro 2016 next season. If he goes to a top 10 club he will score goals again.

Thanks and goodbye Charles.
    Agree that he wont be with us next season (though I'd love him to stay) but imo he wont be anywhere near Euro's as way way down pecking order technically not suited to playing up top on his own. People like Kane & others going to U21 euros will be available along with those not available injured.

Comment

welldone charlie. hopefully it will bump up the price a bit.
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
        welldone charlie. hopefully it will bump up the price a bit.
        Only if he scores....could be the next Michael Ricketts otherwise !!!!!

Comment

Comment

Not sure how Jamie Vardy's crept in to be fair............. What's he scored like 5 goals this season? - Nugents got 9 goals FFS, they may as well of called him up!

Dangerous when the ball is played over the top but for International football his no-where near the level required surely?!

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
              Not sure how Jamie Vardy's crept in to be fair............. What's he scored like 5 goals this season? - Nugents got 9 goals FFS, they may as well of called him up!

Dangerous when the ball is played over the top but for International football his no-where near the level required surely?!
              Firstly its not the strongest england squad especially attacking wise with Kane and sturridge missing but also it depends on whether you solely judge strikers on goals or their overall game and also whether Hodgson sees Vardy as an out and out striker or more as winger type/second striker. He likes to play at a high tempo, has good pace and has played all of the games in Leicester's recent turnaround unlike Nugent but yeah I agree that it is a strange choice but saying that if it werent for missing players Charlie wouldnt be in the squad either

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                with our luck ..charlie will do his cruiciate playing a pointless game for england.

happy for him..but not good news for us...if he thinks he has a sniff of playing in a major tournament next year he won't want to be playing 2nd tier football
                like someone else said, it wont matter as both will likely be gone come August.
                but ffs can we at least look on the bright side for once? bright side: Austin scores a fcking pile of goals because he'll be getting better service from top English midfielders, and that alone bumps up the asking price on him substantially, as it will prove what most of us have always said - Austin would have loads more if he got better service.
                I reckon if the above happens in those 2 games, clubs may very well be vindicated in thinking.. Yep, this bloke can easily put in 20+ maybe even 30 given the right service (that he wasn't getting at rangers).

am I wrong?
                Rangers Til I Die
                follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                  Firstly its not the strongest england squad especially attacking wise with Kane and sturridge missing but also it depends on whether you solely judge strikers on goals or their overall game and also whether Hodgson sees Vardy as an out and out striker or more as winger type/second striker. He likes to play at a high tempo, has good pace and has played all of the games in Leicester's recent turnaround unlike Nugent but yeah I agree that it is a strange choice but saying that if it werent for missing players Charlie wouldnt be in the squad either
                  Good point about playing him slightly wider, maybe thats his thinking, if he comes on.
                  He hasnt been prolific as a goal scorer this season but he does work very hard and has great pace.

Its probably down to there not being anyone else to choose!

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
                    like someone else said, it wont matter as both will likely be gone come August.
                    but ffs can we at least look on the bright side for once? bright side: Austin scores a fcking pile of goals because he'll be getting better service from top English midfielders, and that alone bumps up the asking price on him substantially, as it will prove what most of us have always said - Austin would have loads more if he got better service.
                    I reckon if the above happens in those 2 games, clubs may very well be vindicated in thinking.. Yep, this bloke can easily put in 20+ maybe even 30 given the right service (that he wasn't getting at rangers).

am I wrong?
                    NO
                    https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Well done to them both.

Comment

I really hope he slots a good few and green has a blinder good luck to them in there new clubs just such a shame we went down !

Comment

Well done Charlie and Greeno, you both deserve it!
                          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Well deserved Charlie, go smash the net (if you get on)
                            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Well done boys. Hope Greeno keeps a clean sheet and Charlie gets a hat trick!
                              Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Happy for Charlie! That squad is horrible though. Should've called up Berahino. And Vardy, really!?! And why does Andros always get in the side?

Comment

Working...
                                X