World Sport Salary Top 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Sport Salary Top 10

Paris St-Germain have replaced Manchester City as the best paid sports team in the world.

A survey by the Sporting Intelligence website has revealed the Ligue 1 champions have an average first-team salary of £101,898 per week.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32815544

Stop the presses: we aren't on it!

Interesting to note that the average PL salary is £2.23m. Meanwhile, we are paying:
    Onuoha - £3.12m
    SWP - £3.0m
    Hoilett - £2.6m
    Zamora - £2.6m (2012)
    Taarabt - £2.6m

All apparently above average Premier League players.
    Last edited by dsqpr; 21-05-2015, 08:30 PM. Reason: Zamora figure is prior to his one year extension
    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Can't wait to see the back of those 5 (and a few more)
    I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

If Onuoha and Hoilett is really on that much we have to find a replacement, the rest will be gone anyway.

Comment

SWP £3m. Jesus wept.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
          Paris St-Germain have replaced Manchester City as the best paid sports team in the world.

A survey by the Sporting Intelligence website has revealed the Ligue 1 champions have an average first-team salary of £101,898 per week.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32815544

Stop the presses: we aren't on it!

Interesting to note that the average PL salary is £2.23m. Meanwhile, we are paying:
          Onuoha - £3.12m
          SWP - £3.0m
          Hoilett - £2.6m
          Zamora - £2.6m
          Taarabt - £2.6m

All apparently above average Premier League players.
          Are those just the google numbers for salary?
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Massive fan of Onuoha but damn!
            Under Les Ferdinand:
            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

We agreed that salary for Zamora last summer even though we knew he was crocked and couldnt play 90 mins? I wouldnt pay him that if he was fully fit. No wonder we have problems

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                Are those just the google numbers for salary?
                No. They are the Google numbers, not "just" the Google numbers. Google is a reliable source and they are consistent with what I have seen in various other articles. e.g.
                Wright-Phillips, who is estimated to earn £65,000 per week
                Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz3aiHVXCRB

Feel free to dispute them if you have an alternate source.
                'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                  We agreed that salary for Zamora last summer even though we knew he was crocked and couldnt play 90 mins? I wouldnt pay him that if he was fully fit. No wonder we have problems
                  I have to admit I find those numbers hard to believe. Maybe on Bob's original contract, but I am fairly sure I recall it being said in the summer he got a 1 year extension on drastically reduced wages (I seem to recall £15k a week muted)?
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised at those figures, it was at a time when we were throwing money and long contracts around. Ned really wanted to stay up North and Hoilett on his way to Germany from what I remember. Thankfully, they are all coming to an end soon and soon to be consigned to era long past. SWP though - what a waste, he was pretty good in his first few games as well what an utter disappointment.

Comment

thought someone on here said Zamora on about $30K. As for the rest, with the exceptions of SWP/Zamora (out of contract) we'll be stuck with them next season since no one else will pay them that much and how many will be willing to play for less?

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                        I have to admit I find those numbers hard to believe. Maybe on Bob's original contract, but I am fairly sure I recall it being said in the summer he got a 1 year extension on drastically reduced wages (I seem to recall £15k a week muted)?
                        Quite right about Bobby Zamora Matty, Google does specify that was his salary in 2012. I'd momentarily forgotten about the one year extension so I don't know what he made this past year but I think it's fair to say his original contract was for £2.6m per year.

My point was really a general one though - we have been paying far too much (not exactly breaking news, I know!)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                          I wouldn't be surprised at those figures, it was at a time when we were throwing money and long contracts around. Ned really wanted to stay up North and Hoilett on his way to Germany from what I remember. Thankfully, they are all coming to an end soon and soon to be consigned to era long past. SWP though - what a waste, he was pretty good in his first few games as well what an utter disappointment.
                          I'm sure it all goes back to that wonder goal against West Brom that was disallowed. Was in his first few games and he had been flying up until then. After that....zilch!!

Comment

Working...
                          X