Alex Mccarthy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex Mccarthy

I have not seen a thread for him since the match on saturday.

Well, he did very well when he came on. He made a couple of very good saves and got down very quick at the end of the first half to tip the ball out for a corner (green would not have saved that)

His kicking was farking awful though.

he made a statement after the match how happy he was to play the second half and he stated he wants to be playing more regularly. is he saying play me or i want to leave?

clearly, one keeper will be leaving in the summer, which one would you want to keep?
    Green
    8.70%
    McCarthy
    91.30%

The poll is expired.

nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Because of Greens age and wages I would let him go otherwise we need a new keeper in 12-24 months having just let a great prospect go.

Comment

mccarthy is the future.

Comment

100% McCarthy. He's the future of the club and a quality talent as well. Great chance to get a it money for green and release his wages as well.

From a playing and business sense there is one clear choice. Greens been a very good servant in all fairness and one of the good guys but the go debate should be simple decision.

Comment

You are a wind up Hits
          How you can say Green wouldn't have saved that chance is beyond me when you look at the countless saves he's made to keep us in games over the last couple of seasons.
          Any way, to answer your question, despite being one of Green's loudest supporters I would let him go - age, wages and the fact he probably wants to see his career out at the highest level are good reasons to release him whereas age and future prospects is an equally good reason to keep McCarthy.
          Trust me though, half way through next season he will have as many haters on here as Greeno, because goalies are human, and mistakes happen to even the very best
          #standuptocancer
          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Time for Green to move on. Hopefully he goes to Chelsea and we get some cash for him,

Comment

I remember seeing McCarthy for reading against us on several occassions and thinking he was class and i was understandably excited when he signed! Green has been a fantastic servant to the club and probably one of my favourite players from the promotion season but to let an exciting (possibly future england international ) go to keep him would be ridiculous and would go against this new young and hungry policy we are meant to be adopting.

I'm sure there was actually an interview with rob green when McCarthy signed where he said part of his job as an older no.1 keeper is to help build up his replacement for when he leaves the club... very professional guy tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                You are a wind up Hits
                How you can say Green wouldn't have saved that chance is beyond me when you look at the countless saves he's made to keep us in games over the last couple of seasons.
                Any way, to answer your question, despite being one of Green's loudest supporters I would let him go - age, wages and the fact he probably wants to see his career out at the highest level are good reasons to release him whereas age and future prospects is an equally good reason to keep McCarthy.
                Trust me though, half way through next season he will have as many haters on here as Greeno, because goalies are human, and mistakes happen to even the very best
                This.

As for McCarthy, he took one cross really well which was good to see. I thoguht he was a tad hesitant coming out to collect a couple of long balls that reached our area, plus his kicking was poo.

That said, he is the future & meant to be a very good keeper. I love Green & think he has been superb for us, but if we can get a couple of quid for him at his age now I think we should take it & chuck McCarthy in (after all we did pay, what, £6m for him?!)

Genuinely do think we won't realise how good Green is for us until he is gone though, I know he has a few haters who like to latch on to anything he does wrong, but all in all he has been magnificent for us.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                  This.

As for McCarthy, he took one cross really well which was good to see. I thoguht he was a tad hesitant coming out to collect a couple of long balls that reached our area, plus his kicking was poo.

That said, he is the future & meant to be a very good keeper. I love Green & think he has been superb for us, but if we can get a couple of quid for him at his age now I think we should take it & chuck McCarthy in (after all we did pay, what, £6m for him?!)

Genuinely do think we won't realise how good Green is for us until he is gone though, I know he has a few haters who like to latch on to anything he does wrong, but all in all he has been magnificent for us.
                  100% agree.
                  But I do think, regardless what we want, Green will be off in the summer. A lower Premier League club like Watford/Bournemouth I reckon. Think McCarthy and Lennox is a decent GK pairing for us next season. Would bring 1 more in as cover.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Think Green is gone as when he went off he waved to the crowd and it looked like a good bye wave to me

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                      100% agree.
                      But I do think, regardless what we want, Green will be off in the summer. A lower Premier League club like Watford/Bournemouth I reckon. Think McCarthy and Lennox is a decent GK pairing for us next season. Would bring 1 more in as cover.
                      Is Lennox any good Ginge?

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                        Is Lennox any good Ginge?
                        Watched a good few EDS/U21 games mate and he looks promising. If Ramsey is going to be in charge I think we can expect to see a few of the youngsters come up, and I think Lennox could be one.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Greens a top keeper. Like said on here countless times, he's kept us in so many games over the season but for me McCarthy is the future!!.... Now is all about rebuilding and imho McCarthy is a good place to start. Either have AM as number1 and RG as number2 or Sell RG while his value is still reasonably high (think Chelskis interest wouldve helped that).....
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

I voted McCarthey. I hope he is a bit more vocal and better to command his area than I imagine Green is.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

As reported a few times - I think Green will end up at Chelsea as back-up.

Same money - less work.

Comment

Working...
                              X