No announcement yet.

What do we want next season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want a positive outlook on transfers, bringing in cheap youth with a prospect of profit eventually, players who give the club a positive brand of football to encourage others in the future to join the club and if we end in the prem, perfect for me because we will deserve to be there, so long as we play good football in the process. I feel that is possible with any manager listed before really, from Ramsey all the way to Clement, every manager has a good style of football, be it quick passing, counter attacking, it can all be a really good season, whatever our final position is. Make no mistake though, promotion should be the primary goal, we shouldn't look to accommodate ourselves in the champs. In my opinion, if you don't want promotion, you are suggesting you want the club to lose matches, which IMO is a huge no no.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      I want a positive outlook on transfers, bringing in cheap youth with a prospect of profit eventually, players who give the club a positive brand of football to encourage others in the future to join the club and if we end in the prem, perfect for me because we will deserve to be there, so long as we play good football in the process. I feel that is possible with any manager listed before really, from Ramsey all the way to Clement, every manager has a good style of football, be it quick passing, counter attacking, it can all be a really good season, whatever our final position is. Make no mistake though, promotion should be the primary goal, we shouldn't look to accommodate ourselves in the champs. In my opinion, if you don't want promotion, you are suggesting you want the club to lose matches, which IMO is a huge no no .
      I agree to an extent but the fans also need to have very realistic expectations for next season
      We Are The People.....

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
        Agree with this mate!...

Cant understand how people can be so optimistic about next season. Is it simply because 'we are qpr'? Or do they know something the rest of us dont?... maybe start with who the manager will be or who'll be in our starting 11.. . At this exact moment in time why the fock will we be anywhere near the top of the table???
        Because the question is what do you want from next season not what do you expect

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
          I agree to an extent but the fans also need to have very realistic expectations for next season
          Agree, and also think these fan/club expectations need to be made clear when the new manager is appointed.

Next season we're going to have a new manager whos going to have new ideas, we've got a lot of players leaving due to loans ending, players out of contract, dead wood etc etc so there will be a massive change/rebuild next season with a completely new team and this will take time... so at the moment, right now the 'realistic expectation' is to hopefully begin to rebuild a young/strong team that is good enough for the Championship and is/has potential to be good enough for the Premiership and also not get relegated along the way.
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            Because the question is what do you want from next season not what do you expect
            Oh rite thats easy- get promoted next season, win the Premiership the season after that, then concentrate on becoming European champions the season after.. thats what 'I want'.
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Agree, and also think these fan/club expectations need to be made clear when the new manager is appointed.

Next season we're going to have a new manager whos going to have new ideas, we've got a lot of players leaving due to loans ending, players out of contract, dead wood etc etc so there will be a massive change/rebuild next season with a completely new team and this will take time... so at the moment, right now the 'realistic expectation' is to hopefully begin to rebuild a young/strong team that is good enough for the Championship and is/has potential to be good enough for the Premiership and also not get relegated along the way.
              I also think club need to build some bridges with the fans and a great way to start would be to have reasonable season ticket prices
              We Are The People.....

Comment

I want promotion of first time of asking. Anything else means us losing games and I never want that.

Comment

Cheap Season tickets.. Amit as chairman, a decent CEO, a new manager, new players...... anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by JJB View Post
                    I want promotion of first time of asking. Anything else means us losing games and I never want that.
                    Exactly. No point expecting anything else.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Oh rite thats easy- get promoted next season, win the Premiership the season after that, then concentrate on becoming European champions the season after.. thats what 'I want'.
                      The question is just next season Nick

Comment

Originally posted by JJB View Post
                        Seen that a couple of times but surely that means another season of Premier League misery? Im not saying i dont ever want promotion, im saying i want us to be ready, and as this season proved, after 1 season in the Championship we were not ready.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2