Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has Tony Fernandes accomplished in his four years at our club?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What has Tony Fernandes accomplished in his four years at our club?

By my count:

Bought a Premier League club with debts of 20 mil, turned it into a Championship (if we're lucky) club with debts of 200 mil.

Spent disastrous amounts on agents and their well past it but still generously remunerated clients.

Talked a load of sh1te about new training grounds, stadiums etc. Accomplished absolutely nothing.

Made the club such a well-oiled machine that one of our key players was unavailable for the match that decide our latest relegation.

Threw a bunch of tantrums on Twitter.

Am I missing anything?

So question for the Fernandes fans... on what basis do you defend his record? I'm genuinely curious. I just can't see what he has accomplished (beyond putting the future of our club in peril).

For the shocking way we are run managing to get the team promoted for a second time you have to give credit but other than that loads of good intentions but very little end product

I don’t dislike the man and think he can turn this around but it needs him to put us first or put someone in charge who knows football on a day to day basis to run us on his behalf. With a savy person steering the ship with his and his partners enthusiasm and the money they have there is no reason it should not work other then pure and simple bad leadership at the current time

For me you go to someone like David Dein and say give us two years to sort us out and work hand in glove with the long term successor so their learning off someone who knows how the business works

Comment

It's hard to answer against your post Felt, I wanted him to succeed, I want him to succeed but as much as I try to be positive I can't. We (he) hasn't learnt a thing as far as appointing staff/players.

Les is one of my hero's but you have to look at his contribution too.

Sadly Hughes and Redknapp took the mick with TF's naiveness
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
      X