yes or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yes or no?

If/when we are relegated, let's suppose Charlie Austin has the exact same career record he has up to this point, other than he'd done it by leaving Burnley for Hull,

On this and other forums the ball park figure for Charlie's wages is 20-30k a week and many think he'll be available for 8-10 mil for him in the summer.

My question is, as a newly relegated team, would you buy him on a one year contract?

10/12m plus Ricky lambert that's what will happen

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Bakholt View Post
      If/when we are relegated, let's suppose Charlie Austin has the exact same career record he has up to this point, other than he'd done it by leaving Burnley for Hull,

On this and other forums the ball park figure for Charlie's wages is 20-30k a week and many think he'll be available for 8-10 mil for him in the summer.

My question is, as a newly relegated team, would you buy him on a one year contract?
      I'm not sure I understand the question. When you buy him, part of the deal is a new contract - new length and new wages. I can't understand who wouldn't be interested in a player of Charlie's proven goalscoring ability.
      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

I guess it was a cryptic, what I was trying to say was, that not selling Charlie unless we get a ridiculous bid would be the equivalent of us spending 8-10 by forcing him to honour his contract and losing him for nothing next year.

Comment

He doesn't deserve to be made to stay at this circus . He's done us proud and earned a move . The only one that has

Comment

I agree, but we shouldn't be shafted in the transfer market again, Saldado 26m Bony 27m Falcao 40+m, we should dig our heels like club's like Swansea and Southampton do.To get 43m for Bony and Joe Allen, beats Breaker, Rowlands and Dowie for Sinclair.

Comment

Teams like Crystal Palace and Sunderland will be after him

Comment

Well him we need to reinvest. Must get 12 mil plus though.

Comment

Working...
                X