QPR don't need another football messiah - they need Chris Ramsay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR don't need another football messiah - they need Chris Ramsay

Good read. I for one don't want any short term fixes, Ramsay will build us a team for the future. There will be bumps along the way but we'll come back stronger.

"QPR had something of the comedy club about them at the time. A tag they have been keen to shed.

Ramsey and Head of Football Operations Les Ferdinand will help them to do that.

The pair worked with Tim Sherwood at Spurs to ensure the likes of Harry Kane and Nabil Bentaleb bypassed the complacent first-teamers who felt they were doing the north Londoners a favour by being there.

Ramsey and Sherwood are already scouring the top flight and the lower leagues for talented youngsters and capable, hungry players who are not motivated my money.

No player coming into QPR this summer will get anything like the kind of salary that some of the wasters over the last five years have enjoyed."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...otball-5645604
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Hmmmm, not wrong, CHris has media friends also, lol.

I am not 100% convinced, but if the senior pros say he is good, I am inclined to give it a try.
    Kept the faith!

Comment

I believe CR could build a team for now and the future, but could he 'manage' that team??..... I like CR, I like his attitude towards youth players. Some players have come out and said they like him and want him to stay. They've also said they like his training/coaching, they feel he's getting the most (or at least more than before) out of the players... These are all good reasons to keep him at the club. But to keep him as manager, Im not too sure.....
      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Well that's the Mirror's view.
        He can have all the coaching bsdges going but the way QPR have lost games under his charge and selections substitutions etc leave a lot to be desired as far as I am concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
          Good read. I for one don't want any short term fixes, Ramsay will build us a team for the future. There will be bumps along the way but we'll come back stronger.

"QPR had something of the comedy club about them at the time. A tag they have been keen to shed.

Ramsey and Head of Football Operations Les Ferdinand will help them to do that.

The pair worked with Tim Sherwood at Spurs to ensure the likes of Harry Kane and Nabil Bentaleb bypassed the complacent first-teamers who felt they were doing the north Londoners a favour by being there.

Ramsey and Sherwood are already scouring the top flight and the lower leagues for talented youngsters and capable, hungry players who are not motivated my money.

No player coming into QPR this summer will get anything like the kind of salary that some of the wasters over the last five years have enjoyed."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...otball-5645604
          Was Les Reed working forvQPR previously?

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
            He can have all the coaching bsdges going but the way QPR have lost games under his charge and selections substitutions etc leave a lot to be desired as far as I am concerned.
            Judge him with his own team I'd say for a longer period of time, not with a deflated and unbalanced Redknapp squad during a relegation battle
            "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
              I believe CR could build a team for now and the future, but could he 'manage' that team??..... I like CR, I like his attitude towards youth players. Some players have come out and said they like him and want him to stay. They've also said they like his training/coaching, they feel he's getting the most (or at least more than before) out of the players... These are all good reasons to keep him at the club. But to keep him as manager, Im not too sure.....
              Give him a season, maybe two depending on how long this overhaul will take, and let him build a decent squad. That's all I care about for the moment. Once the squads in place we can bring in a better manager if needed. I doubt we'll freefall to another relegation, but I'd take championship mediocrity while he builds his team.
              Last edited by SuperHoopNik; 06-05-2015, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Tend to agree with article. I remember Ollie took us down and we were doomed and kind of feel the same with CR. Performances have improved, he seems to have the respect of the players and we don't need any more so called big name managers. Think after the chaos of the last few years club may finally be getting it's act together with new structure, Les as DOF and yet to be announced CEO. Owners have made mistakes no doubt but seem committed and have the resources to take the club forward.

No point wallowing in the mistakes of the past. If learning (hopefully) from them means we have a better future I can grin and bear it. Being an Rs fan is to an extent about suffering at the best of times!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                  Judge him with his own team I'd say for a longer period of time, not with a deflated and unbalanced Redknapp squad during a relegation battle
                  This is a good sensible post!

Like Ive said before, I think he's got what it takes to build a decent team. Think him and Les have got a good eye for good youth players and the'll try their hardest to bring that to the team. The issue is can he manage that side? All the things a manager needs to do (team selections/tactics/substitutions etc), he's sort of failed on, and thats why Im not convinced... BUT like you say this wasnt his team and it was an unbalanced side with injuries and very little cover if any for certain positions- LB and RB with both Isla and Yun out injured. Also LW has been a big issue for since the start of the season....

Im really on the fence with CR as manager, but will only be fair to judge him with his team... We've tried 2 good experienced manager ('at the time') and they did not work out.....
                  SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

I say give Ramsey as chance - we've gone with "proven" managers and look where that's got us. Lets face it were very lucky to get out of the Championship last time. We were pi ss poor all season, sneaking games by the odd goal and when we failed to go up automatically it took a "lucky" win against Wigan and a "fluke" result against Derby to get us back to the Prem.

As the article is suggesting we will clear the deck of all the "mercenaries" this summer and hopefully be able to invest in the sort of players that see Rangers as a step up not down and with decent coaching I'd hope we'd be there or thereabouts come the end of next season.

COYRs
                    Tony Fernandes Blue N White Army

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                      We have lost only one game by more than one goal, I would say we haven't really lost badly under Ramsey
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        We have lost only one game by more than one goal, I would say we haven't really lost badly under Ramsey
                        We need Ramsey as manager as I need hemoroids. The man is in his 50's and never managed a football club. His tactics and selections have been poor. We have not won a home game under him. CR and Les are out of their depth.

Comment

Some slightly contentious Q's that may have crossed other peoples' minds too but...

Anyone else think that it's coincidence that Darren Lewis and Chris Ramsey are both black guys and that a lack of managers being from the black and ethnic minorities being a hot topic are linked in any way? Would a white journo have been so vehement in CR being the right man and kind towards a bloke who seems like a breath of fresh air but is more suited to a coaching role and working with players on a 1:1 basis in my opinion...

Get Warburton in with Chris Ramsey as his assistant or, go all out for a Wild Thing and Chris Ramsey dynamic duo....

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfy View Post
                            We need Ramsey as manager as I need hemoroids. The man is in his 50's and never managed a football club. His tactics and selections have been poor. We have not won a home game under him. CR and Les are out of their depth.
                            So would you prefer a short term fix, get promoted and go straight back down again? Ramsay's the best option going forward imo. Judge CR and Sir Les after next season. Les was brought in to help move the club forward all together, that was never going to happen in about half a season!
                            Last edited by SuperHoopNik; 06-05-2015, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffooneRy View Post
                              Some slightly contentious Q's that may have crossed other peoples' minds too but...

Anyone else think that it's coincidence that Darren Lewis and Chris Ramsey are both black guys and that a lack of managers being from the black and ethnic minorities being a hot topic are linked in any way? Would a white journo have been so vehement in CR being the right man and kind towards a bloke who seems like a breath of fresh air but is more suited to a coaching role and working with players on a 1:1 basis in my opinion...

Get Warburton in with Chris Ramsey as his assistant or, go all out for a Wild Thing and Chris Ramsey dynamic duo....
                              The sentiment of your post, I agree with, that Ramsey should be a coach, but I'm not gonna say that he is a bad manager because he is a good coach. He needs to learn about the substitutions but his decisions tend to be a lot better than previous cases.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                              X