Song for Saturday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Song for Saturday...

Oh the premiership is upside down (is upside down)

The Premiership is upside down,

We're in Europe with the Clarets,

And Chelsea are going down!
    Last edited by TerryH; 30-04-2015, 08:13 AM.

Assume that's to the tune of "oh when the saints go marching in" ?

like it.

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post
      Assume that's to the tune of "oh when the saints go marching in" ?

like it.
      I remember the Forest fans singing something similar when we played them last game of the season a few years back.

Comment

From a Chelsea fans point of view, how funny, weak and pathetic will this be?, considering they are about to do a league and cup double.

Comment

Originally posted by Toninho View Post
          From a Chelsea fans point of view, how funny, weak and pathetic will this be?, considering they are about to do a league and cup double.

Seriously why does it matter what a Chelsea fan thinks...! You could argue that 95% of football chants are pathetic but it's about light hearted humour, not taking ourselves too seriously.

The alternative is we sulk, be angry, shout abuse at the players, go home, be miserable, slap the wife!

No, I'd much rather accept we've had a crap season, but know I can still follow QPR away have some light hearted banter and go home in a relatively sound mood!

All opinions though!

Comment

Originally posted by TerryH View Post
            Seriously why does it matter what a Chelsea fan thinks...! You could argue that 95% of football chants are pathetic but it's about light hearted humour, not taking ourselves too seriously.

The alternative is we sulk, be angry, shout abuse at the players, go home, be miserable, slap the wife!

No, I'd much rather accept we've had a crap season, but know I can still follow QPR away have some light hearted banter and go home in a relatively sound mood!

All opinions though!
            I have been angry but I have never sulked, abused the players or slapped my wife. I want my team to fight to the death with every ounce of their being whatever the result.
            I want our fans getting behind them. I want WAR!!
            Will these types of songs give the players the mindset to do that?
            Just my opinion

Comment

I remember palace fans singing it in the 90's when they were bottom and went down too.
              Maybe thats the point, there is nothing to be light hearted about. Being light hearted in the premier league for a team like ours will only ever lead to relegation

Comment

We have the best ground in the division for creating a difficult hostile atmosphere. On the odd occasion when we do this (chelsea, wigan etc) teams do not like to play here. If we generated that atmosphere more often we would definitely have a few more points. But instead we will sing a few nursery rhymes and roll over to have our bellies tickled.

Comment

We sung it in 2013 but it was "We're at the top with Southampton and the scum are going down"

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                    We sung it in 2013 but it was "We're at the top with Southampton and the scum are going down"
                    and did we go down?

Comment

Suspect atmosphere will be zilch on Saturday. These supposedly "big" grounds are always like morgues when we visit and it's hard to see that our players will lift our spirits with some scintillating football. I hope it's a turgid non-event which we win 1-0 after Zamora scores in 95th minute in front of a by then half-empty stadium.

Comment

The Premiership is full of sh1t, is full os sh1t.. the premiership is full of sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                          Suspect atmosphere will be zilch on Saturday. These supposedly "big" grounds are always like morgues when we visit and it's hard to see that our players will lift our spirits with some scintillating football. I hope it's a turgid non-event which we win 1-0 after Zamora scores in 95th minute in front of a by then half-empty stadium.
                          Maybe thats the problem, waiting for our players to "lift our spirits with some scintillating football" so that we can create a hostile atmosphere.

If we created that atmosphere BEFORE they even came out for kick off, they might then give us the kind of performance that we all want to see.

If these "big" grounds are like morgues with a suspect atmosphere, it will be even easier for us to create this type of atmosphere compared to going somewhere like burnley or leicester and being drowned out by their smaller but louder support.

Comment

"With a little Luck" London Town- Wings. This song should be played ""non stop" when QPR is playing.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

What a ##### song
                              Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Working...
                              X