No announcement yet.

FFP Question for those ITK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are these the new rules or the old ones though. I was under the impression that they had just changed the rules and that we would have been hit with a massive fine under the old rules, which were in effect when we incurred our losses. I was under the impression that our position is that the old rules were unworkable which is why they were changed, and our case should therefore be handled under the new rules. I'm just going on my memory of various news reports though, not any first hand reading of the rules.

Here is an excerpt from (the last paragraph of) one such article, although it is from the Daily Fail:
    If the League decide QPR’s ‘real’ losses are £69.8m, the FFP fine they potentially face will be £57.9m.

QPR declined to comment and remain in talks with the Football League. Whatever is decided, refusal to pay a fine could result in their expulsion to non-League football.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz3YjSqilMO

And a better article in the Guardian:
    QPR could be relegated to Conference unless they pay £40m FFP fine
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/...all-league-ffp
    Last edited by dsqpr; 29-04-2015, 09:38 PM.
    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
      Are these the new rules or the old ones though. I was under the impression that they had just changed the rules and that we would have been hit with a massive fine under the old rules, which were in effect when we incurred our losses. I was under the impression that our position is that the old rules were unworkable which is why they were changed, and our case should therefore be handled under the new rules. I'm just going on my memory of various news reports though, not any first hand reading of the rules.

Here is an excerpt from (the last paragraph of) one such article, although it is from the Daily Fail:
      If the League decide QPR’s ‘real’ losses are £69.8m, the FFP fine they potentially face will be £57.9m.

QPR declined to comment and remain in talks with the Football League. Whatever is decided, refusal to pay a fine could result in their expulsion to non-League football.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz3YjSqilMO

And a better article in the Guardian:
      http://www.theguardian.com/football/...all-league-ffp
      Both.. old rules apply next season, new rules after that.

Comment

Transfer embargo would be disasterous.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
          Transfer embargo would be disasterous.
          i can't pretend that it would be a fantastic thing, but it may not be so bad in the longer term.

'embargo' is a fairly grandiose term for the restrictions that we would be placed under... and i reckon that, if the fine thing isn't sorted before the start of next season, then a temporary embargo will be put on the club as a condition of re-entry into the football league until it is sorted. there are a bundle of exceptional circumstances which allow clubs with an embargo to sign players, i'm fairly sure that we will be able to use these opportunities to bring people in.

- all teams are allowed to have 24 senior players (a senior player is aged over 21 and has made at least 5 first team starts for the club). if a team doesn't have 24 seniors, they can sign players on free transfer whose total weekly employment cost (not just wages) are no higher than £11,500.
          - other than that, the club can sign players on free transfer on a 'one-out/one-in', provided that the player coming in has total weekly employment costs that are the lower of £11,500 or ¾ of the weekly employment costs of the player that goes out
          all teams can still sign emergency goalkeepers when needed.

put another way, these shackles would force the club to start living within its means, they would stop agents extracting certain yellowy fluids when negotiating incoming player wages and, in the longer-term, might lead to the existing squad's wage expectations dipping. i don't think any of the above would necessarily be a bad thing in the short-term, because the current situation can't really keep on going as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
            Something will definitely happen Kevin. The Football League are definitely going to hit us with a massive fine. The question is, what are we going to do about it? Take them to court because FFP is illegal? Pay it? Negotiate? Refuse to pay and get expelled? I don't see any other options.
            Brussels are going to make a ruling at the end of the year according to reports
            also most Championship clubs are said to now think it's unfair and unworkable after voting for it

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              Cos most of us think its all a load of old pony shan and nothing will happen.
              Then again Kevin, they've got to show their teeth one day to be taken seriously by the Citys and Scum of this world and little old Rangers, 18k gates, not likely to win anything and an embarrassment to the hierarchy by doing things like suggesting Pig 26 may be a two faced racist bigot, well........It could just be us.

Comment

Working...
              X