Can the Fooball leauge afford to go to court if QPR take them on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the Fooball leauge afford to go to court if QPR take them on

If we go down could the football league take us on in court, if they lose I read somewhere that the football league could go bust, I don't know how true that is, also it has been said that the football league are trying to come to some sort of settlement with QPR, does anyone have any knowledge of this.

Originally posted by Macca View Post
    If we go down could the football league take us on in court, if they lose I read somewhere that the football league could go bust, I don't know how true that is, also it has been said that the football league are trying to come to some sort of settlement with QPR, does anyone have any knowledge of this.
    It would make sense for the FL to do that. I think we will go for it too if the terms are reasonable, which for me personally is really disappointing because I'm just itching for somebody to take on these ridiculous anti-competitive and totally illegal rules and have them thrown out by the court.
    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

We are already fairly unpopular amongst the general population, imagine if QPR killed football in this country too

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
        We are already fairly unpopular amongst the general population, imagine if QPR killed football in this country too
        Well, I'd say that killing FFP would be a step towards SAVING football! But your point is well made. I'll check to see if I have a tin hat in my basement!
        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Be nice to see the football league grovelling, after the Faurlin saga, and now this fine hanging over our head, bunch of old w*nkers, FFP should be thrown into touch.

Comment

Prem league would prob love FL going bust as they would step in and run all of the English league and get there prem league 2 they have muted

Comment

The question is are the F L running a cartel by not allowing free trade if so then FFP will be thrown out

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                The question is are the F L running a cartel by not allowing free trade if so then FFP will be thrown out
                The court would need to rule that an exception to the law can be made for football. Unfortunately for the FL, the Bosman ruling sets a precedent that indicates otherwise.

Comment

i think the Football Leaugue feel we F****d them over with Faurlin and will deffo come after us over this,it depnds how good our lawyers are with arguing the case against restraint of trade, i.e. it's up to a business how much it pays its employes, also it curtails investment into small business and the retraint of free trade in europe, I think we'll be punished in some way,not sure what? but feel Rangers will lock it up in the courts for some time, Also I beleive the leaue got all the clubs to sign up to this some time back, so it's going to be hard to back on what was agreed

Comment

As for going bust, I would wager that both parties will have funding in place to cover the cost of losing - you can get bespoke insurance coverage for pretty much anything these days and a policy to cover the legal costs of high profile litigation is big business to the Insurance market
                    #standuptocancer
                    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                      i think the Football Leaugue feel we F****d them over with Faurlin and will deffo come after us over this,it depnds how good our lawyers are with arguing the case against restraint of trade, i.e. it's up to a business how much it pays its employes, also it curtails investment into small business and the retraint of free trade in europe, I think we'll be punished in some way,not sure what? but feel Rangers will lock it up in the courts for some time, Also I beleive the leaue got all the clubs to sign up to this some time back, so it's going to be hard to back on what was agreed
                      I think it is a slam dunk for us dave - I have not read one single article that says FFP is legal and I have read many that say it is quite obviously illegal. Remember, all clubs used to agree on the pre-Bosman player "ownership" rules but they were ruled illegal.

What if all the oil companies agree to fix the price of petrol to increase their profits? Even though they all agree it would be totally illegal!

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                        I think it is a slam dunk for us dave - I have not read one single article that says FFP is legal and I have read many that say it is quite obviously illegal. Remember, all clubs used to agree on the pre-Bosman player "ownership" rules but they were ruled illegal.

What if all the oil companies agree to fix the price of petrol to increase their profits? Even though they all agree it would be totally illegal!
                        Agree with your thoughts but think they will not want to lose face, therefore they will negotiate a fine which will be cheaper for us than us having to pursue through the court system. My view for what it's worth is f4rk em, bring it on, see you in court. Wouldn't it be good if the club came out with a statement stating this?

Comment

Working...
                        X