Austins Future - What do we do??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austins Future - What do we do??

What do we do with the chap. Clearly worth his weight in gold and has one more year left on his contract

If we kept him and filled in two or three holes in the starting eleven we would come straight back up in my view but he's made a big reputation for himself this season and he will want out

If I was the board I would play hard ball, firstly I would try and persuade him to stay next season in effort to get us back up; assuming him and his agent would say no chance so on that basis I would make quite clear there is an asking price and if its not met he's not going anywhere and he will stay

Think we need to set our stall out early doors to Austin, his agent and any interested parties; he's our player and he leaves on our terms

Whats he worth???? I would not let him leave for anything less then £15mil and on our terms, as said above, which means we want the dough up front to satisfy the FL and allow us to replace him not over three years

No brainer for me. Make him stay. If he goes we get £10 -12m and have to find a replacement and will be held to ransom by clubs knowing we have money. If he stays & we build around getting back up will be worth £90m+

Comment

Artful that's my take too if honest he signed the contract so unless the offer is to good to refuse he stays where he is happy or not

Comment

I'm sorry he wants to go n will...pimp him like the biggest ##### seller we can be....saints will go 12-15m I'm told!
        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

He's off in the summer, all we can do is hope we get a decent price.

Thinking he might stay is naive.

Comment

But if he goes he does on our terms

Just seen his pen miss he always picks a corner but went down middle charlllliieeeee why

Comment

Originally posted by KuPR View Post
              He's off in the summer, all we can do is hope we get a decent price.

Thinking he might stay is naive.
              Did'nt do his price a lot of good yesterday did he! forget his pen being saved his whole game crap

Comment

He's off in the summer. If we get 12 mill for him them it's good business in my eyes considering he would be able to leave for free 12 months down the line.

Sell him to palace and get 10 mill plus Gayle. If we sell Austin we must buy 2 very good championship strikers. Need to look at strikers like the pair from wolves...

Comment

Maids I think £12mil undervalues him look what McCormack went for to Fulham from championship team

Comment

Hard to play hard ball with a player who's done so well for us. He's single handedly carried the team at times.

Hurts me to say it, but he'll go as he deserves to be & has earned his place in the top flight. If we get £15-20m for him I'd be delighted personally. Not sure we will though. Bet it's around £13m

Comment

£ 12-15m is bad business. £ 20m or stay put. PL is worth much more than £ 15m and he is under contract.

Comment

Listen chaps forget silly talk if 15m plus....we will get between 10-12 IMHO....
                        How bout as mentioned Gayle as part ex if palace call ....or I've heard Liverpool may be interested...Ricky Lambert as a part ex?
                        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                          He's off in the summer. If we get 12 mill for him them it's good business in my eyes considering he would be able to leave for free 12 months down the line.

Sell him to palace and get 10 mill plus Gayle. If we sell Austin we must buy 2 very good championship strikers. Need to look at strikers like the pair from wolves...
                          And they're going to be cheap? We will be held to ransom on every target!

Comment

I know some don't like talk of play hard ball but for three seasons we have been held to ransom by the contracts by wastes of spaces like SWP, Adel, Hoillett etc we wanted them gone but the contracts meant we could not shift so the shoe is on the other foot now and while Charlie is under contract for me he stays unless we get an offer which meets our valuation

It cant just work one way

Has he earned a move yes he has no doubt about that but that move cannot happen at the expense of QPR, so many moan about running the club as a busniness well lets start now by showing no sentiment and holding on to our asset unless our valuation is met!! If we get what he is worth then everyone is a winner but if clubs think they can offer £10 to 12mil no chance.. Charlie prepare yourself for the slog of the championship as your worth more to us trying to get promoted then £10mil over three seasons

Comment

[QUOTE=Jimmy Rabbit;1409255]Hard to play hard ball with a player who's done so well for us. He's single handedly carried the team at times.

Hurts me to say it, but he'll go as he deserves to be & has earned his place in the top flight. If we get £15-20m for him I'd be delighted personally. Not sure we will though. Bet it's around £13m[/QUOTE

It's not hard, it's business! We get between,£15-£20m or he stays! If we get less then, we sack LF, as DOF it's his job to get the deal that suits the club!

we have to do the right deal, we have been mugged off to many times!
                              Kept the faith!

Comment

Working...
                              X