What a difference!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a difference!

I see a big difference from players contracted to us when we were relegated in 2012/13 and this season. At the time of the first relegation, we did have an abundance of high profile players on big salaries that nobody wanted or they did not want to leave! Cisse, Bosignwa, Cesar, Remy, Granero, Mbia, Diakite SWP, Traore to name just a few. Of course, some are still here, eating the last piece of the cake! All on remarkable contracts. Most wanted to leave and did so, however I am sure that the club had to dig down in its pockets to get rid! And now for the season. It seems that we will be butchered if we go down, with most of our players wanted to resume their careers in the PL. Austin, Fer, Phillips, Green, Caulker, Ned are all being mentioned as targets for other clubs. What a difference! We struggled to offload players we did not want at the club during the first relegation.......and now we will have to struggle to keep our best players at the club. It seems we are mainly on the loosing side of events.

I say we keep them all, they are contracted, in Jan we could still a good fee foe CA, by that time we should be well placed, a gamble I know but one worth taking.
    Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
      I say we keep them all, they are contracted, in Jan we could still a good fee foe CA, by that time we should be well placed, a gamble I know but one worth taking.
      Agree. IF we want to keep them and they do not have a release clause lets have them get us back up. Selling the likes of C.A for £10-12m when his goals could get us back up which would be worth £90m+ no brainer for me even if he runs his contract out!

Comment

if we have a mass exodus of players we will be in big trouble! it would take at least 2-3 years to build a team for promotion, I fear a long time in the wilderness of the Football League as before?

Comment

Working...
        X