No announcement yet.

Barton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barton is by far our best player atm. He close down players, wins the ball and is a good talker on the pitch.

Comment

today and v WBA barton was all over the pitch, great performances and effort

Comment

Just glad he's starting to have the impact on games we know he's capable of. He couldn't have picked a better time to find his form than for the run in. His yellows are wiped now too. Throw into the mix Fer returning at some point, hopefully soon, and Dunne and it can only help our cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          Maybe naz the stat man can show us his stats and how many of those 'appalling passes' he made.
          Sadly, he is right about Barton's passing, at only 53% accuracy and attempting 48 passes. With that being said, no one on the pitch had more than 81% accuracy.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            Sadly, he is right about Barton's passing, at only 53% accuracy and attempting 48 passes. With that being said, no one on the pitch had more than 81% accuracy.
            If we had Xavi in our team we would of lost 3 or 4 nil today. Barton was everywhere putting pressure on every single midfield player especially Matic, which caused their passing accuracy to decrease significantly. You cant ask for much more from a captain. Led by example today. Credit where credit is due.

Comment

Covers every square millimetre of the pitch every game. Got a lot of time for Barton.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                But he is only club captain because he is not expected to play many games. He will probably be dropped if Yun is back next game
                Probably correct but my preferred Centre Back pairings would be:
                1. Dunne/Onuha
                2. Hill/Onuha
                3. Dunne/Caulker
                4. Onuha/Caulker

(Can't play Hill with Dunne because both lack pace.)
                'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Great performance from him recently, and although it may sound harsh to say this, he owes us this sort of performance - he is supposed to do it after personally throwing away one point at Hull (or rather more crucially gifting hull 3 points)

Comment

Working...
                  X