The Shard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Shard

Taking family up The Shard on Friday (not a sordid euphemism, I really am)! Anyone know if you can see any bits of HQ from up there or do the scum's ground, Earls Court and stuff obscure my view?

Sorry to disappoint you mate but when I took me son up there for one off his birthday treats I was bored to tears, don't get me wrong its a lovely view, it's only that my boy is into photography that he loved it up there, I can't recall seeing HG up there or the scum ground, there is a lovely view off hms Belfast. I just hope you and your family enjoy it have a lovely time
    You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
      Sorry to disappoint you mate but when I took me son up there for one off his birthday treats I was bored to tears, don't get me wrong its a lovely view, it's only that my boy is into photography that he loved it up there, I can't recall seeing HG up there or the scum ground, there is a lovely view off hms Belfast. I just hope you and your family enjoy it have a lovely time
      Did you look at the photos he took, maybe zoomed in a bit,
      perhaps you can pick out something in the Loftus Road area?
      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

I will see when he gets home from work, if any I will post them up
        You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
          No what you mean, I'm not exactly chomping at the bit but its what they want.... Took them on that cable car thing by the O2 in an effort to sate their desire to rise above London but they just spent ride gazing at Shard moaning how stingey pop was opting for inferior cheap skate trip instead of doing it right; cheeky blighters wore me down didn't they!?

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
            No what you mean, I'm not exactly chomping at the bit but its what they want.... Took them on that cable car thing by the O2 in an effort to sate their desire to rise above London but they just spent ride gazing at Shard moaning how stingey pop was opting for inferior cheap skate trip instead of doing it right; cheeky blighters wore me down didn't they!?
            The wife remember's the day better than me. She said the weather was moody and cloudy hope you have better weather
            You Rsssssss

Comment

Have been there and was impressed.

Don't remember seeing the home of football if I'm honest.

Saw a whopping great bill at the end though after the missus got stuck into the Prosecco

Comment

dont go for the restaurant mate. mate said the experience is dreadful. waiters are uptight and feel entitled to a reputation just bc its the shard. service was worst he'd ever experienced. and hes a city trader with a few bob
                Rangers Til I Die
                follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
                  dont go for the restaurant mate. mate said the experience is dreadful. waiters are uptight and feel entitled to a reputation just bc its the shard. service was worst he'd ever experienced. and hes a city trader with a few bob

The A La Carte menu is ridiculously overpriced. But the set lunch menu is quite reasonable. took the wife last year. 3 courses (2 of which are all you can eat buffet - starter & pudding, with loads of choice on both) for just under £30. Baring in mind you pay £26 just to go up to the viewing level, it's about a £1 a course !!! And the waitress was chatty & chirpy. Drinks are expensive though.

And the view is brilliant.

Comment

S'pose I ought to report back......
                    Bleeding smog day wasn't it!!? Could barely see beyond Big Ben. TBF, we went up at dusk so although sunset was nice it hazed out the view West. Could see a bit clearer North, South and East.
                    Once it was dark it was pretty smart. Only ground I could see was Millwall's. Even if it was clear, which I doubt it ever is in London nowadays, I doubt there's a view of LR from up there.

Comment

ive heard that sky garden on top of the walkie talkie is also an amazing view. and entry is free
                      Rangers Til I Die
                      follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

ive heard that sky garden on top of the walkie talkie is also an amazing view. and entry is free
                        One thing I forgot to say is that the bogs are disconcerting.... taking a dump next to a floor to ceiling window is an experience that's for sure. I was looking across at the walkie talkie and didn't consider that someone was looking back at me!
                        As a bloke I just got on with it but y'know what females are like: just can't perform their toilet if anyone can hear/smell them so as for doing it in in full view of London there's no chance.... Mrs and daughter just crossed their legs.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                          S'pose I ought to report back......
                          Bleeding smog day wasn't it!!? Could barely see beyond Big Ben. TBF, we went up at dusk so although sunset was nice it hazed out the view West. Could see a bit clearer North, South and East.
                          Once it was dark it was pretty smart. Only ground I could see was Millwall's. Even if it was clear, which I doubt it ever is in London nowadays, I doubt there's a view of LR from up there.
                          Sorry the weather was moody mate, my fault I left the wife knickers on the line
                          You Rsssssss

Comment

Was there night before Arsenal game. Fantastic food, brilliant service. Our family loved it.

Comment

Working...
                            X