Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gone if we go down without a doubt, shame

Comment

I read somewhere last night that there is only one player who has more assists then him in top flight football in 2015............Lionel Messi.

I hold my hands up I wasn't to keen on him, still not fully on the Phillips bandwaggon, but credit where is due he is playing well.
      @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
        i had so many rows on here over him....harry wasnt the only one who didnt think he was good enough. But that aside he's really showing his potential. Its a shame we don't have someone similar on the left.
        Left sided wingers are always difficult to find.
        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Robbo when fit and played right position hes more then good enough for us

He's got heart, a trick and looks like he wants to play for us. He gave everything last night was breathing out his a rse but still getting up and down the wing

He was feeling thigh at end of game so hope he's ok

Comment

What a turnaround. Remember the sitters he missed against Tottenham and Man Utd at the beginning of the season?
            QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

He was very good last night. Defensive work when we went 352 was fantastic too.

One very minor gripe (being pedantic maybe!) is that sometimes he can knock it past the full back and into 30 odd yards of space and attack the goal but he opts to try and cross from 35 yards out . Think maybe it's a confidence thing that will come more and more as he plays more.

He was my MOTM last night though great persistence for both the goals he didn't score. Pleased for
              Him.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                He was very good last night. Defensive work when we went 352 was fantastic too.

One very minor gripe (being pedantic maybe!) is that sometimes he can knock it past the full back and into 30 odd yards of space and attack the goal but he opts to try and cross from 35 yards out . Think maybe it's a confidence thing that will come more and more as he plays more.

He was my MOTM last night though great persistence for both the goals he didn't score. Pleased for
                Him.
                Completely agree. He is billed as a pacy winger but hardly goes past the full back to whip it in, he likes an early cross and gets it right but I would like to see him take his man on more and create different angles for the cross.

Comment

Why go past the guy when you can deliver an early cross which is working

I think this is what makes him such an influential player as I think he does have pace and beating of most FB but they don't know what he is going to do so stand off and that gives him time to deliver ball early

I'm not sure he will be off if we drop personally

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    Why go past the guy when you can deliver an early cross which is working

I think this is what makes him such an influential player as I think he does have pace and beating of most FB but they don't know what he is going to do so stand off and that gives him time to deliver ball early

I'm not sure he will be off if we drop personally
                    It's not though mate, he is having the success when being in behind them. The majority of early crosses he gets in from deep don't beat the first defender in the box.

Again though, I am being overly picky as he has been very impressive all in all & if this was our biggest issue we would be fine!

Comment

one of the commentators said he is a natural wing-half. Agree he was motm, but I salute all of them, a real desire for the cause
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...nel-Messi.html

Comment

Quality player and is a must save player for next season regardless of division.

Comment

Have always rated him but have to admit I kind of gave up on him earlier in the season as he wasn't having much impact and kept on getting injured. I thought that perhaps we had seen the best of him but the past 6 or 7 games he's been excellent. It's like signing a new player

Comment

Matty Phillips

I know Hitman's already made a thread about him but I thought I'd make another one

Comment

Can I just add Harry Redknapp didn't play Phillips for a large chunk of the season as well

Phillips should be working for Royal Mail his deliever is so good
                                Under Les Ferdinand:
                                Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                                Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                                Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                                Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                                And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Working...
                                X