• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie Austin for golden boot?

Costa - 19
    Kane - 19
    Aguero - 17
    Austin - 16

Costa's out for 4 weeks apparently, Aguero's been shyte since the new year, so it looks like it's down to Austin and Kane. Only 6 months ago people were questioning whether he was up to prem standard. Now he could win the golden boot, with a possibility of his team going down. Crazy stuff to be honest.
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Nicky was chatting about this earlier. If we can get another five or six goals out of Charlie this season I think he will keep us up on his own if we keep it tight at the back

Cleans sheets against Villa, Newcastle, West Ham with Charlie in form = 9points

Comment

whether we stay up or not, think old Charlie boy is on his way. A class act, probably only 4 sides in the Premiership beyond him
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
        whether we stay up or not, think old Charlie boy is on his way. A class act, probably only 4 sides in the Premiership beyond him
        If we stay up Lymes I don't see there are any great benefits of him leaving us personally as Stoke, Everton, Southampton are much a muchness as you say top five or six wont come calling in my book so why move

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
          Needs to prove it over a 2nd season really. Plenty of strikers do well one season then form drops, Ricketts at Bolton, Stewart for Ipswich to name but two. Not saying he will, just that may teams wont necessarily splash big cash so soon, especially if we drop they'll try to get for peanuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
            Needs to prove it over a 2nd season really. Plenty of strikers do well one season then form drops, Ricketts at Bolton, Stewart for Ipswich to name but two. Not saying he will, just that may teams wont necessarily splash big cash so soon, especially if we drop they'll try to get for peanuts.
            Add Kane to that list too as next season he has to step up again

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              Add Kane to that list too as next season he has to step up again
              Can't see him doing it again next season west. Duno why, just got this feeling he will be sussed out.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I think the difference with Charlie is he's scored a bundle of goals every year in what ever league he's just got that nack of scoring and being in the right place. I can't see 2nd season syndrome being a problem. Even if he only gets 15 next year still be a hell of a season!!

Comment

Working...
                X