Can anyone else remember....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone else remember....

...when was the last time we faced a league match away from home which we not only hoped to win but half expected to win? Big expectations of Sat, be v interesting to see how we respond to all the emotion and exertion of mid-week.

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
    ...when was the last time we faced a league match away from home which we not only hoped to win but half expected to win? Big expectations of Sat, be v interesting to see how we respond to all the emotion and exertion of mid-week.
    Probably Barnsley away Sat.Feb 28th 2009 which regretfully we went on to lose.Hope its not an omen although I think we're far better equipped now.A NEW STRIKER WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE to consolidate our current form.

Comment

It would be so like QPR to loose today. If we're the favorites to win away from home we more times than not loose don't we? One match that famously springs to mind was in the season Swindon were in the premiership in the 90s. We went to the county ground in red hot form and a win would have taken us to the top of the table in November. What do we do? Loose and give Swindon a rare (and only?) home win that season..

More-so in the championship than any other league there are no easy matches, especially away from home..

Comment

I can't work out where this term favourite comes?
        Is it just the opinion of a QPR fan going on current form?
        The bookies have us at 9/5 so they make swansea firm favourites.
        It won't be an easy game like most think.
        We need to keep creating lots of chances as I don't see us as a clinical side in the final 3rd but very pretty before that.
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I think it will be a tough game today.

Expecting to win????? Well i admire your confidence but i seriously hope yours is not the mindset of the players.

I think the Rs can win this game, but only if JM gets it right on the day.

I wouldnt be at all suprised by a defeat.

Comment

think people will be shocked today...well all those expecting a win.............

Comment

i think a draw is on the cards, stick ur money on the draw, kind of softens the blow a bit lolol

Comment

My view of today's match is: we score, we win.

They can't score and we have a strong defence. True, they have had a few 0-0 results which would seem to indicate their defence isn't too bad. But that adds to my theory - we score, we win.

Ironic, really. We have worried about scoring in recent times, but that worry seems to have diminished since signing Watson and Simpson.

;D
                Last edited by Minty; 03-10-2009, 01:57 PM.
                Be nice to Minty

Comment

Working...
                X