Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next season's squad in the Championship if the worst happens.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ablockhoop View Post
    Personally I don't get why people would get rid of barton. He is one of our best players..

Green is solid.. Isla has done well( but will leave). Yun we should keep.... Dunne if he fancies another year... Cualker and try to work on his concentration. Onunha is good for the championship.

Barton is decent and hard working. Henry as a back up. Phillips probably will stay as he hasn't done much.

If possible if keep sandro and Fer but it will be hard.

Sandro shouldnt be too hard to keep....who is going to spend money on an injury prone player other than us?!

Comment

I think the only senior player to stay next season will be Henry (if he wants to ) he'not a big earner , being in the championship if the club is going to restablish its self it has to get the wage bill in keeping to where it is , that must mean the wages paid to Green Barton Sandro Caulker SWP Hoilet BZ Onoura Adel Traore are not sustainable , in an atempt to try to keep Austin Fer and Phillips , the loans and Rio will also have to go
      Last edited by dogsrrs; 26-03-2015, 03:47 PM.

Comment

I reckon we'll be stuck with Sandro or loan him out to Brazil (while still probably paying the majority of his wages).

Cannot see Adel staying unless he's determined to stay in London, we've faffed him around for too long now. If he wants to play he'll get a move to Spain/France/Germany/Italy, if he wants to get paid he'll go to the Gulf.

Fer is 100% gone.

I guess we're at a crossroads; either TF & co. reinvest in the squad and build for the future OR they hope we get by on the few remaining oldies & the youth academy etc., which imo would be a disaster and could easily have us seeing consecutive relegations.

Comment

The thing about Fer and Caulker is that they have 2 consecutive relegations on their CV, want them both to stay but I think Caulker will stay and Fer will be off. Charlie obviously gone and I think Sandro will probably stick around as no one will touch because of his injuries. There's a lot of players we should be looking to sign, Massimo Luongo from Swindon is one I think the board should already know about as he was previously at Spurs. Very mobile centre midfielder that gets up and down the pitch. Alex Pritchard on loan to Brentford from Spurs, great little play maker. Chuba Akpom from Arsenal, think next season will be his break through. Would love Bamford or Rhodes but I reckon premier league bound. Reach from Boro if they don't get promoted, Andre Gray, Assombalonga would of been a perfect replacement for Charlie but he's out for a year, James Vaughan from Huddersfield, Alex Mowett from Leeds looks a great prospect. Loads of players out there just hope we have our targets and have been doing some heavy scouting of the lower leagues.

Comment

I believe, with the right manager in place, should we go down, we still have the basis for a very strong squad in the championship. Even with the inevitable departures of Austin, and more than likely Taarabt, Fer, Sandro, Caulker, Isla and Vargas. Lets be honest, of our so-called better players who might command some kind of a fee, would we really miss any of those players I've just listed, aside from Charlie? I really doubt it. Our best players this season have been Green, Henry, Barton on and off, and more recently Phillips. Add to that some of the youth now coming through, plus Faurlin coming back from injury fingers crossed, we would have without doubt the strongest squad in the championship. With the right guidance plus a few new signings coming in I'm confident we would bounce straight back once again

Comment

If we cant get Mclaren or Eddie Howe next season then i would happily settle for Clement or Warburton from Brentford to build a squad.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                If we cant get Mclaren or Eddie Howe next season then i would happily settle for Clement or Warburton from Brentford to build a squad.
                I'd say there is no chance we will get Eddie or McClaren

Comment

Originally posted by Burnside View Post
                  I'd say there is no chance we will get Eddie or McClaren
                  Bournemouth will go up IMO so no we wont get Howe.
                  We may get Mcclaren, Derby have droped off in the last few months.. Who knows.

Comment

This season ends 24 May; Championship starts again 8th August....... I would not envy anyone who has the task of overhauling/rebuilding our fragmented squad in just over 2 months!! Only positive I can think of is we'll almost certainly be gone before 24 May so we might get an extra few weeks to sort it out.
                    Worryingly, even if we somehow stay up there's still a heck of a lot to do to ensure we don't just repeat it all again next season..... we need players in virtually every position I reckon.

Comment

get shot of all the high earners, Ģ15,000 a week max for the Championship
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Warburton with Ramsey staying on in a coaching capacity, I think he was a DOF at the Bee's before he took the managers role, so he and LF would work well together, I suspect he knows Les and CR, I also suspect he was tapped up hence his departure from Brentford.

I think we should hold onto Fer ,Caulker, Sandro and a few others, bring through the youth and just grow the club, as for Adel, he should just get his fat head down for twelve months!
                        Last edited by californiahoop; 26-03-2015, 07:02 PM.
                        Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                          Warburton with Ramsey staying on in a coaching capacity, I think he was a DOF at the Bee's before he took the nabagers role, so he and LF would work well together, I suspect he knows Les and CR, I also suspect he was tapped up hence his departure from Brentford.

I think we should hold onto the Fer,Caulker, Sandro and a few others, bring through the youth and just grue the club, as for Adel, he should just get his fat head down for twelve months!
                          Cant see that myself he'leaving Brentford for the very reason he does't want work with DOF

Comment

I wonder what went wrong for Ross McCormack at Fulham? He canīt be that bad, can he. He is probably too expensive for us, anyway?
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by uptheR's View Post
                              I believe, with the right manager in place, should we go down, we still have the basis for a very strong squad in the championship. Even with the inevitable departures of Austin, and more than likely Taarabt, Fer, Sandro, Caulker, Isla and Vargas. Lets be honest, of our so-called better players who might command some kind of a fee, would we really miss any of those players I've just listed, aside from Charlie? I really doubt it. Our best players this season have been Green, Henry, Barton on and off, and more recently Phillips. Add to that some of the youth now coming through, plus Faurlin coming back from injury fingers crossed, we would have without doubt the strongest squad in the championship. With the right guidance plus a few new signings coming in I'm confident we would bounce straight back once again
                              What youth coming through???? The boy on loan at huddersfield would have been good but hes injured and out for a year. Apart from that none of our youth loan "stars" have any experiance of anything other than league one but mostly league two. We have not got brilliant youth players. Furlong has been thrown in at the deep and and struggled . Anyone that thinks we would have the strongest squad in the championship is in for a serious an very unpleasant wake up call IMHO

Comment

You could be right, but we will not know until we try them, this seasons experience plus playing champiobship football might be the making of them, it might take a couple of seasons for us to come again, it's longterm from here on in!
                                Kept the faith!

Comment

Working...
                                X