No announcement yet.

Lukaku and Kone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yun was covering in the middle because Caulker was struggling to get back. Yun was covering Lukaku when they were counter attacking and didnt have time to get across to Coleman. But if Caulker wasn't gallivanting in Everton's area there wouldn't have been a need for Yun to be covering Caulker and there would have been more chance to stop the goal. It's convenient you find the still shot with caulker back in line, if you watch the build up to the goal you will see. It is a cracking finish for a RB tbf
    Last edited by Hove Ranger; 23-03-2015, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
      Yun was covering in the middle because Caulker was struggling to get back. Yun was covering Lukaku when they were counter attacking and didnt have time to get across to Coleman. But if Caulker wasn't gallivanting in Everton's area there wouldn't have been a need for Yun to be covering Caulker and there would have been more chance to stop the goal. It's convenient you find the still shot with caulker back in line, if you watch the build up to the goal you will see. It is a cracking finish for a RB tbf
      Whilst I know people like to dig out Caulker, cmon mate, how can you say he was struggling to get back when the image clearly shows him 5 yards behind the ball narrowing the angle for a shot? Yes he made mistakes, and you're right he does galivant forward sometimes, but for this goal he done ntohing wrong and the blame needs to be shifted to our left hand side.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I have footage of the whole run up to the goal, by the time the ball got anywhere near the box, Caulker was already in the box covering. This gives yun significant time to get to his actual position.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          Tbf nasser you're right on this 1; that goal was down to Yun being totally out of position.
          His not right Matty.. If Nasser has ever played the game then he would know the saying 'pass him on'.. Yun is there because Caulker was trying to be a hero at the other end.
          Hoilett should be tucked in more with Coleman. Caulker should be where Yun is and Yun should be out on Coleman.. It was Caulkers headless hero attempt that cost us that goal

Comment

Whilst I know people like to dig out Caulker, cmon mate, how can you say he was struggling to get back when the image clearly shows him 5 yards behind the ball narrowing the angle for a shot? Yes he made mistakes, and you're right he does galivant forward sometimes, but for this goal he done ntohing wrong and the blame needs to be shifted to our left hand side.
            The whole point is if he didnt do that headless run, he would be where Yun is standing and Yun would be pushed out onto Coleman...
            If its not Caulkers fault then its Neds.. He should be pushing Yun over to Coleman, comanding it all

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
              His not right Matty.. If Nasser has ever played the game then he would know the saying 'pass him on'.. Yun is there because Caulker was trying to be a hero at the other end.
              Hoilett should be tucked in more with Coleman. Caulker should be where Yun is and Yun should be out on Coleman.. It was Caulkers headless hero attempt that cost us that goal
              No he wasn't though was he? Caulker was back in our box behind the ball dong his job before the assist was even made for the goal. I know Caulker bombs forward brainless at times n all that, but just on this occasion, people are really trying to pin it on Caulker when the blame lays elsewhere.

Comment

No he wasn't though was he? Caulker was back in our box behind the ball dong his job before the assist was even made for the goal. I know Caulker bombs forward brainless at times n all that, but just on this occasion, people are really trying to pin it on Caulker when the blame lays elsewhere.
                Doing his job?.. His marking fvcking space?! - No one is picking him out for the sake of it. If he doesnt do the stupid headless run then coleman doesnt havent that much space

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                  Doing his job?.. His marking fvcking space?! - No one is picking him out for the sake of it. If he doesnt do the stupid headless run then coleman doesnt havent that much space
                  OK.

Comment

Watch the build up to the goal mate and not a still shot 5 seconds before the goal. He had only just got back into the box but the reason Yun was so out of position is because he was having to cover for caulker when everton counter attacked. Caulker should have taken Lukaku off Yun or told Ned to take him and told Yun to get over and cover Coleman. Caulker had the best view of the situation as he could see it from running back to goal. Yun was too focused on covering Lukaku (probably wrongly) to see where coleman was.

Comment

I'm sorry but its logic if Caulker doesnt do then run then Yun wouldnt be tucked so far in acting as the covering centre half.

But if you are looking at how it could of been prevented after the Caulker run then Ned could of pushed Yun further out to Coleman, or Yun could of told Hoilett to push out onto Coleman.

Comment

Watch the build up to the goal mate and not a still shot 5 seconds before the goal. He had only just got back into the box but the reason Yun was so out of position is because he was having to cover for caulker when everton counter attacked. Caulker should have taken Lukaku off Yun and told him to get over and cover Coleman. Yun was too focused on covering Lukaku (probably wrongly) to see where coleman was.
                        Did you not just read what I posted? I have a full video, I will even link it and you will see that by the time the ball gets to the area near the box, Caulker is back in position to cover, Yun should then leave him to Lukaku and go and cover the opening.
                        http://www.okgoals.com/match-highlights-1427042293---40
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I have to say again - Where on earth is Hoilett? He is nowhere near Coleman. To let the guy charge forward untracked is criminal and surely the blame starts with that?

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            Did you not just read what I posted? I have a full video, I will even link it and you will see that by the time the ball gets to the area near the box, Caulker is back in position to cover, Yun should then leave him to Lukaku and go and cover the opening.
                            I was replying to matty in regards to watching the build up. Hence me quoting mattys text. It is Caulker's responsibility to take lukaku off Yun and tell him to get to Coleman. Basic defending. Nobody took Lukaku off Yun so he stayed with him. If Yun had spotted Coleman and ran over to cover him, Lukaku would have been standing in the middle of the box alone as Caulker was closing down the shot instead of getting back in line with his defence.

Comment

Have you played the game at all? Please tell me what position Caulker is in there when you say he is 'back in position'.

People are saying to you the reason Yun is there is because of Caulker and you quite blindly just are not seeing it.

Comment

But they didn't create the chances so I don't see your point, they break but not past the centre backs. It was literally Yun at fault for the first one. Only him. Caulker and Ned were doing their jobs to tighten the angles and close the options and they did a very good job of that.
                                Nasser,dont exclude Sandro from blame for the goal as he gave the ball away in the 1st place.

Comment

Working...
                                X