X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.... and if we stay up??
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Jesus wept. Another one who's thrown in the towel already. Fed up with all these surrender monkeys. Seems a lot of our fans have become French!

This season hasn't ended yet. Still a chance.
      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
        are they scary harry?...trouble is we need 3 teams worse off than us and hull have picked up lately
        Well I can't see them getting much points out off there next 6 games. I know hull are 5 points ahead but you never know, our home games against Everton,Newcastle, West Ham are winnable, get fer back for our last 4 games and see what happens, to talk about being in the championship already is to premature for me in early March, in our last 3 home games we have played really top sides.
        You Rsssssss

Comment

I would have hated to be in the trenches , with some of you lot.
          The White flag waved , putting up no fight!
          It ain't over till it's over!

Comment

I'd expect to see McCarthy, Furlong, Caulker, Ned, Yun, Phillips, Henry, Sandro (no one will take him), Doughty, Petrasso, Grego-cox to all be involved next season IF we go down. Austin and Fer will be sold, Green no doubt will join a prem club. Hoilett also if that's possible and obviously the obvious deadwood to be shipped out. Rio, Hill and Dunne will probably retire. The Chileans will go back to their parent clubs. Use the Austin and Fer money to invest in some quality and there will be nothing stopping us coming straight back up again I.e look at Norwich.

Comment

The OP has neglected to say that we will be bringing in players. There will be no embargo due to the write off. Most of the players that will go will be a blessing and the poster who said we would have no chance of keeping Caulker and Phillips, what a joke, they are on a right good deal with us and am sure will stay put!

Comment

People forget how bad Sunderland have been as well as everton. Everyone in the 12th and below spots are still right in it. 8 Points between us and twelfth spot is right in it. No need to concern ourselves with the worst case scenario if people aren't gonna look at the best case at the same time.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Dunno if I've gone mad but I could see Barton signing a new/short contract with us on sensible money ie a fraction of what he's on now.
                  He's matured, settled, family man, doing his degree still maybe?
                  Can't see anyone in UK waving a fat contract at him so unless he chases filthy lucre in Qatar or such like, staying put might appeal to him.
                  I'd be happy if he stayed..... I think his pros outweigh his cons.

Comment

Y
                    Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                    Dunno if I've gone mad but I could see Barton signing a new/short contract with us on sensible money ie a fraction of what he's on now.
                    Can't see anyone in UK waving a fat contract at him so unless he chases filthy lucre in Qatar or such like, staying put might appeal to him.

If be bloody furious . He hasn't matured , not even a little bit and he's a #### footballer . Can't even make simple 5 yard passes and you'd be happy for him to stay ? Consistently lets his team mates down when he's supposed to be their captain and you'd be happy for him to stay ? I can't wait for the waster to be out of my football club . Another tumour that needs to be cut away

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                      Barton will be off cap in hand to France begging Marseille for a contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                        Y

If be bloody furious . He hasn't matured , not even a little bit and he's a #### footballer . Can't even make simple 5 yard passes and you'd be happy for him to stay ? Consistently lets his team mates down when he's supposed to be their captain and you'd be happy for him to stay ? I can't wait for the waster to be out of my football club . Another tumour that needs to be cut away
                        This!
                        Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnside View Post
                          Barton will be off cap in hand to France begging Marseille for a contract.

i reckon barton is way too proud to take a hefty pay cut to stay with us (unless we offer him a bunch of sweeteners like a relatively big coaching role)... he'll be on the phone to marseille, trying to make out that we're offering him big cash, but his heart is still at the stade vélodrome.

Comment

Despite his bang average performances the signing of Barton has had a huge impact on QPR, mainly for all the wrong reasons. The first of the mega money galactiflops signings made by us as we finally abandoned what very few principles this club had left. The beginning of the end in some ways, not may clubs would allow Barton to get away with what he has done, welcome him back with open arms and restore him as club captain.

It will be nice to believe there is a new dawn around the corner, come the summer when Barton,SWP et all have all farked orf but whilst TF remains in charge i expect him to appoint Clement in the summer and probably sack him before the seasons out as the clamor for PL football gets too much or he recieves a few tweets form supporters complaining about being mid table in the championship.

Comment

Firstly we still have a hell of a chance to stay up so think this thread is way to premature but if we went down we could keep a very decent spine for the championship.

McCarthy - should be first choice as future of the club in gk capacity
                              Yun - play lw
                              Robinson - looks a real good lb
                              Caulker - had a mare in the prem but maybe a season with is in the chpionship would do him the world of the good!
                              Ned - would love him to stay but wouldn't be surprised if a Orem team picked him up
                              Furlong - 1st choice rb
                              Phillips - owes us another year atleast after standing by him through injuries
                              Henry - good squad player to keep
                              Doughty - looks a good squad player
                              Fer - dig in deep and hold on to this guy could be the difference from going straight back up!!
                              Sandro - sell if we can get some back
                              Zamora - time to move on unless he's on a very low basic
                              Austin- if relegated I hope he stays but wouldn't blame him if he goes and we get some money to reinvest in decent strikers
                              -

Hoilett - get rid pay up contract just don't want this waste of space near the club - last of the mecerneries!

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                                Jesus wept. Another one who's thrown in the towel already. Fed up with all these surrender monkeys. Seems a lot of our fans have become French!

This season hasn't ended yet. Still a chance.

I agree. fter a few days of grief. We have to look at our last part of the season With a bit more positivity. Togetherness and positivity now needed on this board aswell. Just to make it clear,;Firstly, we are not done yet. Secondly, maybe Chris Ramsey IS the man we need in the future. He has not picked this Squad . He inherited a totally umbalanced squad which defensively is of CC Level and nothing more. Thirdly, alongside Austin and Sandro, the key player in the set up, Fer, was injured in one of Ramsey first matches in charge. Not sure how even Pulis and Tim Sherwood could have made this team a clear contender for survival, really. Also, how can anyone possibly expect someone to make Wonders with players who are clearly too limited when it comes to speed, abilty to cover for each other, abillty to shoot, etc.
                                Bottomline; Chris Ramsey needs all the support he can get. The teams in our mini- League are not much better than us. But If the worst should happen and we get relegated, I feel that Ramsey With his CV is one of the best out there to identify and develop young and hungry players. No-one is saying that that we are bound to be playing kids. Les Ferdinand said that the Club is identifying the players now already. I hope he will do a good job and we will avoid doing a Wigan etc. etc.
                                Last edited by Shania; 09-03-2015, 01:06 PM.
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X