No announcement yet.

Zarate over Vargas yet again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree with that has not got the legs to play on wing and I must say thought he looked like he had put the pounds back on

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
      Looks a greedy w-anchor to me. Just runs until he has nowhere to go and he shoots into the stands. Personally have Vargas over him all day long .
      I know what you mean, but, Phillips aside, he was the only player able to run with the ball yesterday. Everyone else in our no paced squad holds the ball and passes it. When they have the ball. None of them can make space. He can Vargas too. Injuries and suspensions mean that Zarate, Vargas and Adel have to be in the team. That might mean we stop playing two up front who between them have the pace of a carthorse and his ability to carry the ball.

Comment

Niko surprised me yesterday as I thought he did pretty well doing a role he probably doesn't want to do and got injured reaching to put a tackle in on someone.

Vargas or Zarate could go either way, from the little we have seen of both players up front this season I can see what Zarate gets a subs appearance at the moment. If you take yesterdays game we had a man less and Charlie and Bobby where off so any goal would pretty much have to be created on your own. Zarate I think has more ability to beat a man or two rather than Vargas so that's why he is chosen in front of him, if you decide to play one from the start with Austin could go either way.

I don't see them in training everyday or there attitude so happy to leave it to Chris.

Comment

niko actually worked really hard - not as good as he played against Sunderland but still did decent i think.

vargas? well, he's only really had 1 standout game for us, and we don't see training every day like ramsey so hard to call if he deserves in

Comment

Vargas for me is summed up by his shocking decision making against Man United at 1-0 down. Lacks confidence IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              Not sure you can make that comparison, there are a lot of goals scored in South American qualifiers. Some pretty poor international sides down there and some teams that play very offensively minded football. Don't get me wrong, I liked what I saw at the start of the season from Vargas, I just think he's gone off the boil and as such he isn't getting selected.
              There are plenty of poor sides in the European qualifying stages too, its no different. Point in case being the current Euro qualification, we beat Swiss away first game and then most people said we've effectively won the group.... Says it all really, especially for an England side that hasn't performed well in a tournament since 2004.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                Zarate would start in any team I picked. I thought him very lively when he came on. Would play him up by himself in or playing behind Charlie or Bobby in 4231.
                Yes, I've liked what I've seen of Zarate too. I think both he and Vargas have a role to play before the end of the season though.
                'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Vargas promises much but delivers little. Too much of a liability when playing wide as loses the ball in dangerous positions for counter and always likely to give away a pen. Still would like to go him a go starting off Austin up front.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                    Has he though?

For me, Vargas has been totally anonymous since the birth of his child!
                    I don't think Vargas has been that good either. 1 goal and 2 maybe 3 assists in all his appearances. Phillips has 3 assists from his last 2 games.

Comment

[QUOTE=Rangers77;1390835]I know what you mean, but, Phillips aside, he was the only player able to run with the ball yesterday. Everyone else in our no paced squad holds the ball and passes it. When they have the ball. None of them can make space. He can Vargas too. Injuries and suspensions mean that Zarate, Vargas and Adel have to be in the team. That might mean we stop playing two up front who between them have the pace of a carthorse and his ability to carry the ball.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I noticed Taarabt wasn't even on the bench at Hull, which is a bit disappointing if he wasn't injured. I hope Taarabt gets to start against Arsenal, as he had a very good game against them in 2012 (also against Spurs).

Comment

Working...
                      X