Isla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
    I wouldn't say excellent personally but they haven't been bad overall. Isla going forward is brilliant but defensively is left wanting in my opinion. Yun is learning every game, but if we stay up, I'll be amazed if either is first choice full back next season.
    Why would you be amazed by that? Since when was a world cup quarter finalist, Serie A winning player not good enough for us? With yun, he brings energy, defensive quality and hard work as well as a very good cross.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      Why would you be amazed by that? Since when was a world cup quarter finalist, Serie A winning player not good enough for us? With yun, he brings energy, defensive quality and hard work as well as a very good cross.
      Yun looks ok but i would be surprised if he made it in any other premiership teams starting 11. Has had a couple of good games the entire time he has been here and very prone to individual errors. Isla i rate but is better at WB than RB.

Comment

Funny how people keep saying Isla is a better WB than FB. How many times have they seen him at WB?
        Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Because he's not a full back for starters. So what if he's a world cup quarter finalist etc? Not that he is, as Chile lost in the last 16. Does that mean we should be happy if we have a Costa Rica player? Just because he played in the quarter finals of the world cup?

Yun is the best we've got and is alright but if we stay up and want to improve then we have to start defensively and in my opinion we need to strengthen all across the back four.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
            S hit defender. Totally s hit. But Harry left us without a right back. He's the best we have.
            Have a day off, good player who had a bad game Tuesday. Gary Neville you are not.
            From the Hills of Kerry
            To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
              Yun looks ok but i would be surprised if he made it in any other premiership teams starting 11. Has had a couple of good games the entire time he has been here and very prone to individual errors. Isla i rate but is better at WB than RB.
              Disagree, Yun would make other prem sides and has a host of decent games for us.
              From the Hills of Kerry
              To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                Funny how people keep saying Isla is a better WB than FB. How many times have they seen him at WB?
                Tottenham 4 - 0... people have short memories haha. He is a natural BPL Full back, the equivalent of a Serie A Wing Back
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by The Merry Ploughboy View Post
                  Disagree, Yun would make other prem sides and has a host of decent games for us.
                  Agree. Would easily get into Burnley/Leicester/Villa/Hull/Sunderland sides. And is good enough to be knocking on the door of the Newcastle/Palace/Stoke/WBA sides.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Yun has been one of the better left backs in the league, lets look at the other left backs and see who we would rather.
                    Gibbs, Baines, Clichy, Azpi, Dummett, Mee, Rose, Pieters, Ward, Bertrand, Aanholt, Cresswell, Pocognoli, Robertson, Taylor, Moreno, Cissokho, Konchesky
                    From that list, I can name 8 players who are either better or as good as Yun, the ones in bold imo.

Comment

Tottenham 4 - 0... people have short memories haha. He is a natural BPL Full back, the equivalent of a Serie A Wing Back
                      Funny that when Isla himself admitted it's hard learning to play in a new position. Would love to know why a full back in England is the equivalent of a wing back in Italy?

Comment

Yun has been one of the better left backs in the league, lets look at the other left backs and see who we would rather.
                        Gibbs, Baines, Clichy, Azpi, Dummett, Mee, Rose, Pieters, Ward, Bertrand, Aanholt, Cresswell, Pocognoli, Robertson, Taylor, Moreno, Cissokho, Konchesky
                        From that list, I can name 8 players who are either better or as good as Yun, the ones in bold imo.
                        All about opinions isn't it and what you want from your full back. Personally I think Pieters, Aanholt, Robertson and Taylor are all equal or better to Yun's ability.

Comment

Make you right Merry!!!..... he's a top player, young and very talented. Hope he's here for the long term!!!

People talk about building a team around a 'core' of players and he is certainly 1 of those players imho!
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Have a day off, good player who had a bad game Tuesday. Gary Neville you are not.
                            Good advice. But I've watched every game he's played for us. He's not a RB. Good or bad. He's positionally woeful. He makes many, many errors. He's not his fault. It's Harry's. I'm more like Gary Wilmot than Neville I agree.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                              Alvarez had Yun on toast!
                              Just remind me of the score?

Comment

He is a natural BPL Full back, the equivalent of a Serie A Wing Back
                                A wing back is a wing back regardless of what league

Comment

Working...
                                X