No announcement yet.

LIVE | Chris Ramsey's pre-Southampton Press Conference - 06/02/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like CR and think he came across well and with honesty. However I do think he showed inexperience in dealing with the media when being drawn into the question over Sherwood by saying he'd be happy to work with him if he got the job.

IMO he's have been better advised to say 'no comment' or deflect the question, as it's obvious what the journalist was angling at, as we can now see from today's press reports. The less the whole appointment process is played out in the media circus the better for QPR's already damaged reputation.

Comment

...on a side note it's also good to see the media team are now using overhead mics in press conferences, so we can hear the reporters' questions.

A suggestion given to them by WATRB I might add, so thanks for listening chaps.

Comment

if Ramsey and Ferdinand are up for it, I'd give them the reins to the end of the season. At the end of the day, the players have to look at themselves and say 'have I busted my ###### for the cause'
        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
        This morning's tempest I have to cross
        I must be guided without a stumble
        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

If we perform well on Saturday and tactics look good... why would we change it !

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
            if Ramsey and Ferdinand are up for it, I'd give them the reins to the end of the season. At the end of the day, the players have to look at themselves and say 'have I busted my ###### for the cause'
            The amount of time some of them spend in the treatment room I'm sure they have busted many things!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
              An impressive debut off the pitch, now for the main feature
              Think Chris came out of that looking very good. If he can manage the circus is another question alltogether, but being, honest, genuine, and an intelligent and nice bloke (thats how he comes across IMO) can get you very far. Win, draw, or tight fought loss in the weekend, where players give maximum effort, I´d say keeps.

Nice way he diverged from the "who makes the final decision, you or Bond?" question, only to finally reply: "Me, but I don´t think it will come to that". Nice humble attitude. Much appreciated.
              https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                How come no one cares that Ramsay gave the salute as well?

Ramsey out!

Comment

Fickle fan, thats me.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                    Hope the players do the business for him tomorrow and he gets offered the job till end of season. Comes across humble and a real genuine bloke. Rather him than Captain Bellend.
                    Agree with yuh mate , he started off being flustered when questioned about Hs going Hs legs and questions about ### he couldn't answer questions yet we seem to know , begs the question has he been gagged? then he seemed settled into it and became his own man somebody easy to like that should be able to pull the players together , if he's allowed to be his own man and to do HIS job I would rather see him to stay head coach for the rest of the season then sort out who will be manager or head coach in the summer

Comment

I think this may have been his first press conference so he may have been nervous and understandably guarded.

Let's hope he gets the players well prepared and gets a result.
                      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                        Whats Sherwood done to have this opinion of him by quite a few Rs fans?.... If you think his a bellend because he did that salute or wears a gilet then seriously, grow up and try looking at the bigger picture and his coaching skills.

Some of our fans are so simple I swear.
                        Not a lot in terms of management and thats why there is apprehension. Some of us hold our club in high enough esteem to want the best and not just what is available. Maybe if he had a prolonged period at a club, where he had improved the team, stamped his playing style and learnt the ups and downs and intricacies of management then I would assume more of us would be eager for him to be manager. Unfortunately all some have to judge him on is the "salute" and "gilet" beacuse of his lack of time spent managing

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                          Ramsey out!

No you've got it wrong Ramsey was shielding eyes from the sun , it was Sherwood saluting

Comment

Reminds me a lot of Terry Conor speaking after Mick McCarthy left Wolves. He got stuck when asked who was in charge of sub's and admitted pretty much he didn't know who was in charge of the team Saturday.

Hopefully things work out.

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                              Reminds me a lot of Terry Conor speaking after Mick McCarthy left Wolves. He got stuck when asked who was in charge of sub's and admitted pretty much he didn't know who was in charge of the team Saturday.

Hopefully things work out.
                              Which is exactly why I think he should have been given the sole role as caretaker manager with Bond as his assistant, as clearly even he didnt know the answer to the question.

Comment

They've just been told to take the team as coaches, nothing more nothing less... don't read or think into it too much. They can make the decisions together (Ramsay and Bond)

Comment

Working...
                                X